Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started snowboarding a month ago and already heavily addicted. So I don't know much about season length or reading weather forecasts/ conditions yet.

There's a friend visiting in about 2 weeks and I was contemplating on going boarding together in Whistler, although I'm not sure how the snow conditions will be. I maybe naively bias towards thinking that it will still be wonderful up there in 2 weeks. I'm just guessing the snow will linger better there compared to cypress, although it's been pretty rainy recently...

Any advice as to how long will the snow last up there?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I just started snowboarding a month ago and already heavily addicted. So I don't know much about season length or reading weather forecasts/ conditions yet.

There's a friend visiting in about 2 weeks and I was contemplating on going boarding together in Whistler, although I'm not sure how the snow conditions will be. I maybe naively bias towards thinking that it will still be wonderful up there in 2 weeks. I'm just guessing the snow will linger better there compared to cypress, although it's been pretty rainy recently...

Any advice as to how long will the snow last up there?

Thanks
It has a glacier.
If you can afford it, you can snowboard all year round:bowdown:

TT

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...like I said total noob here :p haha

MEGA AWESOME!!
Now I totally want to go during the summer too!
There's even a camp program... although I wonder if it's beneficial for a beginner like me?

Anyone been up to the glacier in the summer? Is it super busy?

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
...like I said total noob here :p haha

MEGA AWESOME!!
Now I totally want to go during the summer too!
There's even a camp program... although I wonder if it's beneficial for a beginner like me?

Anyone been up to the glacier in the summer? Is it super busy?
I use to go August long weekend(Aug 1-3rd) that's the last weekend it's open to the public.

After that, it's all private snowboard camps.

Here's a little preview of what you can expect to see:yahoo::thumbsup:

TT

Attachments

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Whistler is open until the end of April, Blackcomb until the end of May.

The glacier is only open June 23-July 29 apparently.

Whistler Blackcomb - Glacier Skiing & Riding

I had tons of fun riding until the last weekend last year, but this will be my first year doing the glacier riding.
Pretty sure it's Aug long weekend, unless they changed it:dunno:

I used to go camping in Pemberton & hitch-hike to Whistler.
4 years in a row, about ten years ago

TT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts