Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting a new thread here on how long have your snowboard lasted for (years or days on mountains) ? and what brand/year is it ?

i'll start with mine
Burton 2010 hero - approx. 4 days lol

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I've got about 160 days on my Proto and it is about shot. I still love it and it rides well but the flex is really different (not bad but you now have to beware the back seat and handlebars). The edges are shralped and I got about 4 core shots, a couple of which are not even remotely fixed.

Working my ass off to justify slamming down the cash on the HD without blinking. I want it and I will destroy it too, so its not that hard to justify, but 600 clams is alot to this blue collar fuck.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Just posting a new thread here on how long have your snowboard lasted for (years or days on mountains) ? and what brand/year is it ?

i'll start with mine
Burton 2010 hero - approx. 4 days lol
And here I thought I'd have the opportunity to be funny by saying 10 days for my Burton Blunt 2012...

·
Registered
209 Posts
My K2 Double wide is a damn dinosaur lasting 10+ years. (Take that burton!)

·
Registered
262 Posts
My Roxy Eminence has about 90 days on it. This was it's first season and I did not start riding it until December. It is still a good board and I am not even thinking about getting a new one.

The previous board was a beater and had probably around 260 on it. It was a Roxy Ollie Pop. It was a ugly ass board during it's final days on the mountain, no body would steal it. I left it laying out all the time with no worries.

I had a friend say you can't kill a Lib Tech. They aint lib techs but they were from the same company.

I am proud beating up boards.

My bindings have probably over 400 on them :icon_scratch: Not sure those have been around. They won't break and still work good.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
2010 K2 Jibpan = 180
2012 K2 Fastplant = 210
2012 Ride DH2 = 0
2014 Endeavour Vice = 0

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Pretty sure I have some relics under my bed that are still shred worthy that have more days on them than all of your sticks combined. If a board can last me 50 days I think it's solid. Then again I ride over rocks for fun.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
My stick has lasted my entire life, and despite being used regularly for decades, I am happy to report that it works as well now as when I first started using it.

Wait, did you mean snowboard?

·
Registered
176 Posts
god it would be nice to have a deck last anywhere near what you guys are posting. these capitas ride like champs but the fucking edges are made of porcelain. though this sleepy stevens refuses to let the edge blow. theres about 4 or 5 spots that should be totally blown. itz bcuz scott stevens iz so kool

·
Registered
458 Posts
2006 158 Palmer Carbon Circle - I've ridden this deck since I bought it new and it's held up really well. Then again I live in the Midwest and only get out about a dozen times a year (plus annual vacation to Colorado/Utah/Tahoe) so it should hold up well.

2013 157 Lib Tech Travis Rice - Got a great deal on this at the end of last season and rode it a couple of times. I'm excited to try the hybrid camber/rocker profile and it seems like a great ride.

I was gonna wait for the 2014 Billy Goat since it's transitioning to the camber dominant C3 profile but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the T.Rice.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
1995 Kemper Freestyle - Lasted me 15 years at about 10 days a year. Of course there are no rocks on the hills in Ontarible, and I'm not a fat bastard so it never broke landing from a jump. I might use it for a vintage day one of these years...

2010 Burton T7 - I've got about 75 days on this board and it still rocks, but I've killed it to. Too many rocks to the edges and core.

2012 Virus - #$%^ about 20 days on it, landed HARD on a rock this spring and broke the board a bit. It's still ridable but we'll see for how long.

Damn rocky mountains chew boards... The edges are done long before the spring has sprung!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
'10 Never Summer Premier - bought this used in great condition in 2011 from a user here. No idea how much usage it saw before me. I've taken it out about 40 times and it's still in decent condition. The bottom is banged up from hitting a few rocks here and there and the edges are a bit janky in places. But, it still rides great.

'13 Lib Tech Hot Knife - bought this toward the end of the season this year. Got about 5 days on it before hanging it up for the season. Still in like new condition. Just some minor damage near the nose. No idea how it happened.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I can barely keep track of how many days I ride. How the hell can I keep up with what board I ride and when? Too much effort but none of my Smokin Decks have given out in a notably short amount of time...... I had an old flow deck and an old burton deck that I sold last season, they were in good shape still but I rode those like 6-7 years ago and never rode hard at all..... I am really surprised that I have not snapped any of my newer decks landing awkwardly on the tail or nose with all my 290 lbs of muscle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts