Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long of a drive would you be willing to make on a regular basis to ride? Say every weekend?

·
Registered
201 Posts
To ride Jessica Alba: 8 hours

To Shred: Probably 4. Wake up at 5 or 6 and get there by 9 or ten sounds reasonable

·
Registered
423 Posts
We do 5 hrs every weekend, wake up at 3:30 leave at 4 boarding by 9. really not that bad been doing it for years. a group of funny MotherF%$kers that talk shit the whole way, good music and few beers & or some budz (for the ride home that is) makes the ride go pretty fast. if its a car full of some quiet boring bastards then 2 hrs can feel like an eternity.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I drive 2.5 - 3 hours each way every tuesday. Totally worth it.

Leave by 6am. On the mountain by 9am.
Leave by 3pm. In my driveway by 6pm.

Of course since we ride midweek we don't have to deal with the crowds :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
To ride every weekend probably the max I would drive is 2.5 hours. If not I could just ride out behind my house.
I love the setup I have, my local mountain is only an hour away from my house which is an almost perfect distance.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would probably drive 3 hours if I had a crew to share the ride. At the moment none of my friends would be up for going that often so it isn't really an option to go that far. My close hill is 50 minutes

N

·
0 Posts
Wake up at 3am, leave by 3:30 am, drive 5 hours, boarding by 9am, get to the hotel 5pm, sleep, wake up 6:30am, start boarding at 8am, leave the mtn at 4 pm, drive home 5 hours, get home about 10:30 pm...EVERY WEEKEND.

Plus we pack ourselves into one car so were all smushed together for the full 5 hours cause its cheaper to take small cars and pack ourselves then take 2 cars or 1 truck. Plus Im the only girl of the group so I always gotta sit in the smallest tightest spot....

Im not complaining though...its always a great time and soooooooooo worth it lol. Plus the people I go with are hilarious so it makes it that much better

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
70-80 minutes most days. Enough time to get sick of driving. Then I get to the pass have a ripping day and I'm back at home in my hot tub by 5. Not bad. Though I will drive up to three hours for a day trip to some spots. Most notably, Monarch Pass which is a three hour drive from Denver.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2.5 hours. However in stop and go traffic I'm about ready to start strangling everyone in around 30 minutes.

Whas at whiteface this past weekend and I87 was horrendous yesterday afternoon. I was going faster on the local roads with poor visibility, than we did on the interstate with clear sky and dry roads.

M

·
0 Posts
The price of lift tickets and gas makes it hard to drive that every weekend. But i think 2 hours would be the max if it was every weekend. I do drive 10 hours tho once a year for a 4 dayer in VT.

·
Registered
423 Posts
3.5 hours each way, every weekend and I log every mile with the passengers usually sleeping. If it wasn't for my iPod and ESPN radio, I'd be lost.
Shiiiiitt, I would mash on my brakes and make them slam into the dash. if I gotta be awake YOU gotta be awake haha. I hate when ppl try to sleep in my passanger seat.

·
Registered
414 Posts
5.5 hours each way every weekend. We used to leave at 3:30am on sat to be on the mountain by 9:00, but now with my little dude shredding, we leave friday after work. Getting out of the city on the 405 is a bitch and a half, but once we make it to the 14, slap on the V1 and it's smooooth sailing. There is no place i would rather be. :D

·
Forum Mayor
1,013 Posts
Wow....I have the option of 3mtns within 30 minutes of my work or home.....you guys should all move! lol I figure it far to make the journey to Snowbird or any of the Park Shitty resorts.....my favorite thing is to bounce up on a week night make a couple run's and bounce home all before dinner.....sadly I would never live anywhere this wasn't possible....:cool:

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
You definitely live in a great spot. It does crack me up how the peeps in Salt Lake City hardly if ever go to the Ogden area resorts and vice a versa. Kev thought that it was too much of a drive from Ogden to Little Cottonwood Canyon when Tom and I went down there for the day.

Around here I can drive a little over an hour to get to most spots. Berthoud, Vail Pass, Summit County, Winterpark etc. I also drive as much as 3-4 hours to hit other spots like Monarch Pass. Of course Colorado isn't as condensed as Utah is in terrain and spots. Of course there is the I70 shit show. The amount of terrain out here, especially for bc users is mind boggling. It's also spread out over hundreds of miles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
5.5 hours each way every weekend. We used to leave at 3:30am on sat to be on the mountain by 9:00, but now with my little dude shredding, we leave friday after work. Getting out of the city on the 405 is a bitch and a half, but once we make it to the 14, slap on the V1 and it's smooooth sailing. There is no place i would rather be. :D
Damn... you people who drive 4+ hours each way impress me. My friends and I are too lazy/undisciplined to not stay out til 2am the night before, and end up going to a shitty mountain <1 hr away because 2 hours is just too far for a day trip. :p Man, if we were doing the 4 hr thing, we could hit up Whistler each weekend...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn... you people who drive 4+ hours each way impress me. My friends and I are too lazy/undisciplined to not stay out til 2am the night before, and end up going to a shitty mountain <1 hr away because 2 hours is just too far for a day trip. :p Man, if we were doing the 4 hr thing, we could hit up Whistler each weekend...
Damn, well I guess its a matter of priorities, if going out and getting drunk every weekend with the same ol people at the same ol bar with the same dirty drunk ass bitches and waking up all fucked up feeling shitty is more important then getting fresh tracks and shredding the better mountains as much as possible before the season ends then thats on you playa :p Id rather save the drunk nights for the summer when its even better and the girlies wear less also which is a plus. but the 4+ hrs we do everyweeked is not for day trips we leave sat morn 3.am board all day get a cheap room, eat sleep, wake up board all day sunday then do the drive back. its really not that bad, and def worth it.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts