Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some old bindings pre 2010 but the straps are falling apart. Planning to change them out to Burton ankle straps but wondering is it worth it. Has baseplate technology changed a lot these last 10 years?(besides now bindings with skate tech)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Burtons have improved a little at least, with the reflex stuff, that’s just the disc though. If you find some straps you like for free or cheap but satisfied with the binding, that’s worth it of course.

Union focus alot on improving footbeds, but many think Nitro has the comfiest ones. Bent Metal has some new footbed thingy too, called driveplates, they seem to work well.

Salomon prolly has the most unique baseplate besides Now, with the tweakable sides, which is pretty much the opposite from Now.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
If you like the bindings and will continue to use that model/brand, go for it. If you're not going to be able to use any of the parts after the bindings fall apart, don't.

As an example, I like Rome bindings and have a worn out set of Targas and used Katanas that I've combined using the Targa highback on the Katana baseplate. Works great. I'll grab used sets for dirt cheap when I can (got the Katanas for $100) and either order replacement parts or swap with bindings I don't use anymore and aren't worth selling.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Found some old bindings pre 2010 but the straps are falling apart. Planning to change them out to Burton ankle straps but wondering is it worth it. Has baseplate technology changed a lot these last 10 years?(besides now bindings with skate tech)
Pre-2010 bindings?
Time to look for and buy new bindings!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There have been huge leaps in performance over the last 10 years. I suggest to not waste your time retrofitting straps to an old binding. Just get something modern and you will be happier in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts