Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a new snowboard and am stuck between the GNU finest and the Evil Twin. I was going to get the Finest but then I went to look at the sizing chart and none of the weights seemed to match. I am 110 lbs 5'9 and wear a size ten boot. I was wondering how much the weight recomendation matters. I was going to either get the 151 or the 148 but I cant seem to make a decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Get something where your weight is closer to the middle of the recommended range. On one end of the scale you won't be able to flex the board as intended, and on the other end you will over power the board.
You have it easy, I'm 200 lbs and most boards will just say 160+ or something.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I am about to get a new snowboard and am stuck between the GNU finest and the Evil Twin. I was going to get the Finest but then I went to look at the sizing chart and none of the weights seemed to match. I am 110 lbs 5'9 and wear a size ten boot. I was wondering how much the weight recomendation matters. I was going to either get the 151 or the 148 but I cant seem to make a decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I looked at the Gnu chart and you're nicely within the recommended range for both sizes. Whenever I've been faced with the same dilemma I've always gone with the larger board because my focus is all mountain riding. Slightly more stability at speed and a fraction more float in powder is more important to me than a miniscule amount more maneuverability. If your focus is freestyle go with the 48, all mountain get the 51.

Also at 100 lbs my guess is you're only going to get heavier. I'm 5'10" and weigh close to 200 lbs. You wouldn't call me fat either. At least not to my face.
View attachment 156317

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’m 6’0 and bounce around 200-210. Not fat either and athletic and I tend To ride 158-159s where im over the limit. The weight ranges are Huge and it’s a lot of preference. Also for me a stiff 159 isn’t exactly stiff. How old are you ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts