Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My questions pretty much sum it up.
What is the consensus for someone to hang it up?

·
Registered
188 Posts
word

10char

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
anyone over 30 should just stick to skiing

snowboarding is about doing what you want and not listening to old people!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Be careful

Age catches you up quick. Based on what you are saying you're about half way through "your life", before long you will be an OLD Person.:rolleyes:

Bite me, I was skateboarding in the 70's and I snowboard now.... I don't feel my age and can board from first lift to last including night boarding.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Plan to ride till I die. And what is this bullshit about being over 30 being to old?
Sarcasm.

Grays on Trays is nice, I boarded with the admin once in Northern Michigan. It's a bit dry and humorless there, but if you want your questions answered straight up without the sarcasm, it's the place to go. They're VERY supportive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i'm getting close to my 30's... good thing i am so damn immature i feel like my wife should go to jail when she touches my no no place.

ride till it hurts too much. then, go straight to apres. until your liver hurts too much. then, go straight to hot tubs. (unless you have bladder control problems)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My snowboard coach is turning 67
These are his certifications:
Lv. 2 Snowboarder
Lv.2 Skiier
Snowboard evaluator
Ski evaluator
Snowboarding Race Coach.

I plan on being just like him when I'm old and wrinkly

·
Registered
38 Posts
Damn... im over the limit! Im 31. I guess I should hang it up ;)

All you young guys, just wait... one day you are 20, and in the blink of an eye, you will be 30. Best part is, you dont really act much different at 30, you just take longer to recover from drinking and falls.

·
Registered
281 Posts
All froth and foam

Having just spent almost 2 weeks boarding overseas with some eary 20 somethings lads, I noticed a few things.

1. Yes, they can stack harder and do bounce better. Makes for some interesting sights. I prefer to board at 85% and stay upright and un-bruised.
2. They can drink as much as us but usually throw up or get into fights. Us oldies just giggle like shit when we drink too much and then have another beer and try and chat up the barmaid.
3. They are LATE risers..... We are up at sparrows fart to be waiting for the lift to start and they are still snoozing off the beer from the previous night..... No stamina thats what I say. :cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have seen old folks on snowboards (and by old I mean in their 60s at least). They were rockin the retro neon one-piece 80's gear!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Having just spent almost 2 weeks boarding overseas with some eary 20 somethings lads, I noticed a few things.

1. Yes, they can stack harder and do bounce better. Makes for some interesting sights. I prefer to board at 85% and stay upright and un-bruised.
2. They can drink as much as us but usually throw up or get into fights. Us oldies just giggle like shit when we drink too much and then have another beer and try and chat up the barmaid.
3. They are LATE risers..... We are up at sparrows fart to be waiting for the lift to start and they are still snoozing off the beer from the previous night..... No stamina thats what I say. :cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4:

this is so true, however you gotta admit some days you'd love to be twenty again for the bouncing back after a fall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
this thread is classic. I was asking my buddy this same question the other day lol... I guess if you got love for it keep at it!!! I would love to see a old timer rip through the park and steeze out some tricks. im 24 so hopefully ill still be riding after 30 and show some jib kids up..

·
Registered
281 Posts
From the above link

The guy said

"I feel the same as I did when I was 25 -- except I have more money." :)

How true is that. I just forked out some serious cash on a 2011 K2 board and bindings. I have more pants and jackets than I need. (Just bought another Burton jacket 30mins ago online) Women buys shoes, I buy boarding gear. I fly to different countries to board both northern and southern hemispheres to maximise my snow time. I couldn't do that in my 20's :D:D

If I was to get on a set of roller blades or a skate board at my age I would get told to grow up. But on a snowboard, it is like riding a motorbike. There is a fraternity that is about boarding not about the people. If you board you understand. If you only ski, you will never understand. :laugh::laugh:

I do envy the younger guys though, they are having a great time now and still have all of this come.

:laugh:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts