Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,376 Posts
Thank you Wiredsport.

My son already has boots that he is comfortable riding in. I am looking for board size recommendations and the reason I added boot size is for width/overhang considerations.
Hi,

Barefoot measurement is used for determining the correct board width. Boot size is not helpful for that purpose.

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
5,376 Posts
Got it. 26.0 cm is Mondopoint 260. This is a size 8 US in snowboard boots. This will mean that you will be looking for narrow boards. Because he light in weight this will not be a big problem as many of the boards will be suitably narrow. Did you have any models in mind? The size that he will want will be entirely dependent on the specific model that you choose. Please keep in mind that it will be difficult to center your son's foot on the board. Centering the boots will not be a good reference as they are two sizes too large.

STOKED!

·
Registered
8 Posts
He's still growing so we'll probably just get something used for cheap for a single season, given that it will not be used more than 8-10 days. I was looking for a board length suggestion.
He says the boots fit snugly and a smaller size was crushing his toes. Maybe the label is incorrect.

·
Premium Member
5,376 Posts
You can pull the insert (foot bed) out of the boot and have him stand on it barefoot with his heel all the way back Take an image of that and post it here. That however would only relate to the boot size. Regardless of that, his foot measurement is 26.0 cm which is a size 8 US. 26 cm is the only size that you will want to use for board sizing.

As I mentioned, there is no single size that will be correct for all board models. The size that he will need will vary greatly by model. Was there a board model that you were interested in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Guys,

I plan to buy the Yes the Greats, but Im hesitating about the ideal size 156 vs 159. I heard it is also a bit kinda like volume shifted board.. so its better to downsize 2-3cm than the normal.

I ride generally on a 157-158W board (with 28,5cm boot size) Based on that I should go for the 156, but my weight is a little bit above the specs chart. Im actually 205lbs, but my weight is fairly moving up and down normally between 190-200lbs. What do you think should I go for the 159? Im just a little bit worry, I dont like to have a slow edge-flat-edge feeling. More smooth egde to edge, but also dont want an undersized board either because maybe I too heavy to the 156 :)

what is your opinion?

·
Registered
240 Posts
He's still growing so we'll probably just get something used for cheap for a single season, given that it will not be used more than 8-10 days. I was looking for a board length suggestion.
He says the boots fit snugly and a smaller size was crushing his toes. Maybe the label is incorrect.
Paging @timmytard

121 - 128 of 128 Posts