Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently im using an old board so this is not a huge deal. But still this will let me get some practice fixing stuff like that and everything. I was riding last time at the local mountain and decided to try out the easy street so i cut off into a small trail that leads to it and was approaching a jump when i heard a scratch and then so grinding. i unhooked out of my bindings turned the board over and realized i had damaged my board. Here are some pictures of the damage. Its not too bad as you can see but id still like to fix it. I was just wondering what techniques could be used to fix them.

This first on i guess is where i smacked a rock while carrying some speed. Its the ding at the bottom of the picture.
damage 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These next two are just semi deep scratches that really dont concern me that much but was just wondering if there is a way to fix them.
damage 001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

this next one is sort of hard to see but it is to the bottom left of the spry emblem.
damage 003 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
they aren;t worth filling in. You can do it but not really necessary. You can go to your local board shop and pick up "ptex candles". Light it and drip it into the holes and scrape off after it dries.

·
Registered
592 Posts
buy a ptex candle, clean the base with a citric solven, melt it into the scratches, let it dry completely, then scrape it off with a scraper.

Edit: looks like i need to improve my typing speed...or stop watching tv after i click the reply button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts