1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I don't think that it is a common problem. At least for me it's not. :dunno:

·
Registered
235 Posts
How to prevent rusting in the binding screw inserts and on the screws?
Its really easy.. you have to replace the screws with anodized bolts and washers.. I did this with my P1's. Take a bolt and washer from your deck, go to the hardware store and ask someone to get you anodized bolts and washers that match your rusted ones. Anodized is a treated metal that prevents rust.

This should prevent the inserts from rusting, however if you have rust in your inserts they sell rust remover in a spray.

Prob cost $5 bucks at the most just for the bolts and washers

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
i like to sacrifice a manatee, boil its blood and blubber inside of its skull, smear that all over my naked body and then wipe down my snowboard with butter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Burton screws are nice, if they fit - stainless steel with plastic insert to keep them from vibrating loose.

If you get new screws, make sure they are steel or stainless steel, not aluminum.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
A little rust shouldn't matter functionally, also I would have thought most inserts are stainless steel. Is this a major problem?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a major problem, then again I'm not sure what to expect. I just bought my first board and realized that it would rust eventually since it will get wet each time out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i like to sacrifice a manatee, boil its blood and blubber inside of its skull, smear that all over my naked body and then wipe down my snowboard with butter.
This is bad advice. Manatees are very hard to move into your sacrifice chamber. Also, manatee blood sticks much more to any surface it touches than other animals' blood. The cleaning up time doesn't justify the effect even though it does get rid of the rust quite well.

The suggestion with the butter is spot on though.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This is bad advice. Manatees are very hard to move into your sacrifice chamber. Also, manatee blood sticks much more to any surface it touches than other animals' blood. The cleaning up time doesn't justify the effect even though it does get rid of the rust quite well.

Maybe baby manatees?

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts

aaahhhh you fucking clueless rookie.

you don't sacrifice them indoors - the dark lord Cthulhu prefers that you do it on the beach surrounded by legions of evil harbor seals... and you don't clean up manatee blood - you wear it with pride and honor. if you wash it off Cthulhu will eat the universe.

·
Registered
726 Posts
what about preventing rust on the unused inserts?
Not sure why this would happen if they used stainless steel, maybe they cheaped out or its some china brand board but to answer your question, just put a little bit of oil on a kleenex and wipe it into the threads, it will not rust. You will want to clean the oil out before using the board though or your asking for your bolts to come loose.

·
Registered
448 Posts
aaahhhh you fucking clueless rookie.

you don't sacrifice them indoors - the dark lord Cthulhu prefers that you do it on the beach surrounded by legions of evil harbor seals... and you don't clean up manatee blood - you wear it with pride and honor. if you wash it off Cthulhu will eat the universe.
It is very clear that your information is outdated. Those were typical sentences heard in board shops around the world: "A snowboard that reaches your chin is the right length" or "This Elho freestyle neon suit is worn by all the boarders" and of course "Cthulhu prefers outside sacrifice".

I don't blame you. It's hard to stay informed with all these new evil overlords coming to the snowboarding scene but let me tell you that most of them just have good marketing. Cthulhu for example used to be a skier, there's pictures of him riding moguls on the internet. That alone makes him unworshippable and kind of a fraud. Manatee blood might work with ski equipment but definitely not with a snowboard.

As I stated before though, you were right on the butter subject. Butter is universal and should always be used to finish up a rust job.

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
bro you are fucked. the dark lord Cthulhu is my homie and he is most certainly NOT a skier. he was however shredding neon onsies and hardboots with Damian Sanders back in the day.... he rode a Checkered Pig because it is probably the most evil of all snowboards.

when i tell him you're talking shit he's gonna fuck you up. better get to sacrificing 'cuz Cthulu's a' comin' and he wants blood.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
i remove the bindings after I get back home, and let the holes dry. No rust.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts