Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... having some trouble with an old Salomon snowboard, specifically an issue with the bindings. How do I remove the bindings from the board? What is this disk? Why don’t I see the normal screws that most snowboards use to secure the bindings..?
I regret letting my buddy borrow this board years ago - I have no idea how he was able to switch the stance from goofy to regular but I am dying to switch it back. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
It looks like there's a cover over the disk that you have to remove with a hex wrench. The regular screws are under that cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like there's a cover over the disk that you have to remove with a hex wrench. The regular screws are under that cover.
Thanks for the response - for some reason I can’t get it to budge with an allen/hex wrench. Not sure how to get that plate off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like ex rental kit. I bet its rusted on real good.
YES! it is definitely an old rental board.That totally explains why i cant find any information on the internet about this. My sister had rented it for the one ski trip she went on in her life and then the store went out of business. I may take it to my local ski shop to have them work on it for me. It can't be that rusted because my buddy successfully switched it from goofy to regular on a 2017 trip. Thank you!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Put some pb blaster or liquid wrench in the threads.

You have nothing to lose here. Make sure to use the right size tool or youll strip it for sure.

Slash just get a used board. This thing is probably a plank lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Get rid of the board all together I suggest as it won't do you any favours on the mountain and will hold you back sooner or later.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You need to be careful you do not strip out the head of that Allen bolt. I would try and find a vessel impact tool after you liberally apply WD-40, or even better PB Blaster. Once you strip the head, you are in some trouble. It'll be drill and screw extractor kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts