Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok ok probably asked before but it's time to buy now so which one to get this year?

I do go a lot, so a season pass is def. needed for me

$1,259.00 for Windham Mountain anytime any pass
$959 for Hunter Mountain anytime anyway pass

Windham says they just invested some $7mil to their mountain which is a good +.

I LOVE NEW YORK » Windham Mountain Invests $7 Million in Its Future

hunter don't seem to update/upgrade anything, same ol' mountain

what you guy think

·
Registered
890 Posts
Windham.

People from NYC tend to go to Hunter, leaving Windham open for everyone else...

.... wait, you're from NYC, forget what I said... go to Hunter

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windham.

lol i dont need no bus, i bought a car just to say `fudge you` to ovrride and emilios :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Windham.

Windham for me this year. :giggle:

That said, I've never been to Windham. But, I had a few bad customer service experiences at Hunter last season that left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't plan on going back this season.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windham for me this year. :giggle:

That said, I've never been to Windham. But, I had a few bad customer service experiences at Hunter last season that left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't plan on going back this season.
hmm but you talk from a customer service perspective, anywho guess iam doing windham this year too, i hate the fact that there's only 1 `real` lift in hunter, really annoying

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
True and the lift line gets so backed up on the weekends.

BTW, looks like I'm doing the opposite of you. I bought the VT six pack from Emilios. Plan on taking the bus a bunch this season. Gas, tolls and driving after a long day of riding is killer. I much prefer to sleep on the ride home.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tolls like 3 dollar though then 13 dollars bridge (yea a bit much), i got a civic pretty economic, let's see how this is going to be :)
i am fed up with buses man getting up darn early, and i missed the bus twice, man they are strict no refunds

·
Registered
87 Posts
tolls like 3 dollar though then 13 dollars bridge (yea a bit much), i got a civic pretty economic, let's see how this is going to be :)
i am fed up with buses man getting up darn early, and i missed the bus twice, man they are strict no refunds
If you need someone to ride Windham/Hunter with - I'll ride with ya - you drive, I'll pay for gas!:yahoo:

·
Registered
145 Posts
It always kind of blows my mind when I see how much people are paying for passes at single mountains. Any snowboarding is better than no snowboarding but damn...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Windham > hunter.
w/o question. a lot more enjoyable terrain IMO/ Less crowds / Snow gets ski'd off leaving you with a little less ice.

I will say....... Hunter does do a great job blowing snow, but the masses don't like the extra 10-15 min. drive to Windham ;p

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm from NYC and prefer Windham compared to Hunter. Hunter is full of drunk new yorkers. If i wanted to hang with drunk new yorkers I would just go to a bar down the block.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok then it is windham plus they have night riding

Also when would they have snow man I can't wait :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
They should be opening around Thanksgiving day weekend.
I'll more than likely be getting a triple play card for Windham for my wife and I. So, we should be up there a few times as well.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the triple play card as well for windham and then the empire pass for belleayre.

It beats potter brother flex day tickets.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ok didn't read this while thread but I have some strong opinions.

In my younger years I hated Hunter and switched more to Windham. The last several years though, I am 100% Hunter and try to avoid Windham actually.

I have had some of the worst grooming conditions ever at Windham, to the point of being dangerous. Hunter has more varied terrain especially when Hunter West is open and even added glades last year.

Also, Hunter definitely has better parks. Well a better bigger park. Windham is probably better for beginner parks.

They both get crowded as hell but I have found getting to hunter early and lapping the F lift is a great way to get a bunch of runs in before it is too crowded.

just my $0.02

·
Registered
239 Posts
Never been to Wyndham so can't comment on that but I hate Hunter. I prefer to just go to Mountain Creek every weekend since it's cheaper and closer and save my money for more trips out west. I do want to try and do a couple long weekend trips to VT this year too.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts