Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My specs: intermediate level, 180 pounds, boot size 9, west coast resorts (Utah, Colorado). I enjoy cruising down the mountain (mostly groomed trails and some trees) and not bomb my way down the slope. Some switch riding & carving but mostly just cruising and chilling. No parks either due to prior sports injuries and getting older in age.

Anyways I've been riding a hand-me-down burton camber board (really old) that's super stiff and unforgiving. I don't really like the board. For this season I'm looking to demo some newer boards like hybrid rocker-camber-rocker vs camber-rocker-camber. What do you guys recommend I demo? I'm looking at boards from Capita, Never Summer, Yes, etc...

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
Look for the Outerspace Living from Capita and the Typo from Yes

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Both hybrid versions are easier to turn and ride. Wouldn’t go too stiff or wide to start out. You might feel some limitations on carving, but get used to it fast, you just don’t push them the same way. Can usually go longer on rcr boards than crc boards since the contact points are different, but still keep the width in mind.

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts