Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the better technology?

Can someone easily try to explain this to me... I like the C3(& C2) from Lib, but Bataleon's TBT makes sense to me in my head:icon_scratch:. Have not ridden either models... but, I have demo'd a Skate Banana a couple years back. For some reason, I am leaning towards the Bataleon, but I would rather buy a 'made in the USA' board this time around. I know Mervin makes sick sick boards, especially since introducing their hybrid tech.

Bataleon

Jamie Lynn Phoenix Classic Series – Lib Tech

I know some of you may say this is personal preference, but I am hoping someone has info on both from experience. Really looking to purchase by the end of the week as I head out to Whistler at the end of the month with 3 friends.

Haven't purchased a board since my '97 Ride Timeless, so that's my only real version of a camber... 15 years is way too long I know. Been riding a 155, but now I'm hovering near 2bills & 6'. Think I may look for a 158 to low 160s... and am definitely interested in the Bataleon Omni 158 or Lib Jamie Lynn 160.

Any help would be knockin'!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
spec wise they are pretty similar. what did you think of the magnetraction on the banana? I like it some dont, the lynn has mellow mag so it is less pronounced. Mervin's come with a 0/90 bevel on the edge, so i detune a couple of the bumps. TBT is a little more forgiving, the lynn will be more aggressive and responsive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spec wise they are pretty similar. what did you think of the magnetraction on the banana? I like it some dont, the lynn has mellow mag so it is less pronounced. Mervin's come with a 0/90 bevel on the edge, so i detune a couple of the bumps. TBT is a little more forgiving, the lynn will be more aggressive and responsive.
I couldn't tell the biggest difference in magne, but I guess that was pending the conditions that particular day. I heard at times, it can make a difference in subpar conditions.

I just want to make the right purchase, and my gut wants the Bataleon, but I have a feeling the Lib is a better fit for my needs & style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts