Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and rails don't get along. sometimes it works out, but when it doesn't I'm landing flat on my back and it hurts.

Why does it do this? am I (unknowingly) trying to get my edge into the rail? I swear I am flat on it. maybe weight distribution?

I know it's crazy to ask with no video but it seems I can't fall forward and bust my shoulder like a normal person.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DISCLAIMER: I don't ride rails.

Got a base bevel on your edges?
Honestly, I'm not sure what the differences are, but its a -2 degree park bevel (according to Rome) it's dull as hell, so I wouldn't call it an "edge" anymore :laugh:

I bonked the hell out of a tree and need to ptex on my board. I'll ask my board guy. Can you "re-edge" a board?

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Yes. You sharpen it with a file. This is what your board guy is doing when you get it tuned. But if it already had a 2 degree bevel, that's not your problem.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. You sharpen it with a file. This is what your board guy is doing when you get it tuned. But if it already had a 2 degree bevel, that's not your problem.
no, I mean have them grind it down to a -3 degree edge, more like a jib profile. I can't do the sharp edges thing

·
Registered
270 Posts
its all about how you get on to the feature. While on the feature (box or rail), the board WILL go where it wants go. It wont give a rats ass about what you want to do, if you try to lean on an edge, then your board will slip out on your ass or face...then continue traveling its path.

With jibs, its all about how you utilize that little jump that leads you onto the feature. If you take off straight, then you will go strait. If you take off a bit crooked, then you will travel in that resulting trajectory.

If features are not level and are tipped a bit such as boxes, then go faster. Gravity works with time. The less time you are on the feature, the less you will be effected by that "off-level" slope. But never lean against the lean of the feature. Stay centered and never try to engage your edges.

Once you have your trajectory jumps figured out, then you can progress by trying different poses, slides, spins, dances, whatever. As long as you dont go too far out of your comfort zone.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I slip backwards on 50-50's, too.

I probably am going a bit too slow, the kink is what throws me. I don't want to catch air off that quite yet :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts