Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says "I break stuff". I'm an old guy & I travel with my wife & kids regularly to US for boarding trips. 3 times in the last 3 years & our winter season as well. Average about 21 days a year. I am a big unit , 188cm & 110 kg, you'll have to do the conversion. Just came back from Mammoth where I split my Gnu streets right binding from heel to toe on the last day when I blew a landing. The bindings hung together enough to get me home .
Can anyone recommend a replacement binding as Australian suppliers will not supply parts. I like a very firm binding for powder & carving at speed, I don't play in the parks , I'm too old for that & it embarrases the Girls when Dads around. Sucks to be old.
Constructive info would be appriciated, I'm not brand conscioius, I just want gear that doesnt self destruct.
Regards , Jasen

·
Registered
417 Posts
Try grabbing a binding that is flexible
Stiff bindings will likely break under heavy weight and pressure
Not true. 260lbs here (previously 275) and on 6th year with my Rome Arsenals. Stiff binding and no breakage yet. Had ladder straps replaced by them at no cost to me, as they were getting old and a little tattered, but not broken.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ask if nokia can make some bindings for you, you'll never break them, and if you'll try, a global nuclear war will occur

1 - 11 of 11 Posts