Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
You need a base patch. Ask around and make sure you take it to a trustworthy shop with experience. Won't be cheap, but should be ok afterwards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think that's base patch worthy. Unsure based on pictures provided. Looks like the core has broken. How did you do it, what board is it and what camber profile does it have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think that's base patch worthy. Unsure based on pictures provided. Looks like the core has broken. How did you do it, what board is it and what camber profile does it have?
Im not sure how i did it. Its a ride kink, reverse camber

·
Registered
730 Posts
Definitely destroyed. I had something similar with my old Arbor Del Ray and the core was cracked aka unrepairable. Turn it into a bench.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Also whats the story with how you did it??
That is NOT an easy thing to do...I know when I did that it was an epic bail....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's gone bro. You've bent the edge and most probably cracked the core.

I mean, you can still ride it - But it is never going to be the same. That thing is traumatized.
:( sigh
I guess i will still bring it into the shop, maybe they can do something..

And banjo; I honestly dont know. I dont remember any hard falls the day that it happened. And i wasnt in the park too much due to a freshly broken wrist

·
Registered
776 Posts
:( sigh
I guess i will still bring it into the shop, maybe they can do something..

And banjo; I honestly dont know. I dont remember any hard falls the day that it happened. And i wasnt in the park too much due to a freshly broken wrist
Ride has exceptional customer service. First thing I would do is call them, and see what (if antything) they can do for you.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
i emailed them yesterday and got a reply saying it was not covered :/
Bingo it's not a manufacturing defect you landed on something pushing the sidewall up and ripping the base. Boards fucked if you don't have a competent repair shop. I've fixed stuff like that before and 1. it's a real bitch 2. I charged out the ass. If you're handy with a rubber mallet go to town.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bingo it's not a manufacturing defect you landed on something pushing the sidewall up and ripping the base. Boards fucked if you don't have a competent repair shop. I've fixed stuff like that before and 1. it's a real bitch 2. I charged out the ass. If you're handy with a rubber mallet go to town.
I was thinking about doing that, but im going to bring it to a shop tonight and see what they say..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts