Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it as i said, but i just dont wanna give bad advice to a buddy of mine on sizing.

Him - 220 lbs max, he actually anticipates to be 200 by next season when he starts as he has to stay physically fit to do his new job.

Size 13 feet

Price ~250ish USD. Looking around i found the Sierra Crew 160W, which is based off of a Custom...for 250 bucks on Sierrasnowboard's site, and not only that but you get a FREE pair of VZ Feenom goggles($160MSRP) with it...its almost stupid NOT to get...but i am worried that 160W at his size will be way too small making it more at the park board sizing than an all mountain board which i think would be in the 163-165 range...

Am i crazy? Im tempted to tell him to do it just because its such a good deal, but dont wanna get him something too short :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not too worried about the Crew, it is a great board for the price, especially considering free goggles. After all is said and done your basically getting 150-180 dollar goggles for free, which puts the board at what...70-100 bucks? Doesnt get better than that :D

This threads more about sizing...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Im not too worried about the Crew, it is a great board for the price, especially considering free goggles. After all is said and done your basically getting 150-180 dollar goggles for free, which puts the board at what...70-100 bucks? Doesnt get better than that :D

This threads more about sizing...
well if your asking if the crew is too long at 160, I would say no a 160 wide would be perfect for him if its going to be his all around mt board he can still learn jumps and 1's, 3's and depending on the board should still float well in powder, you should also check out the ride fleetwood, I think I seen one new on ebay for 200. decent board good price

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I dont think the Sierra Crew is a crappy board by any means, as its a Burton Custom with a new name and its a pretty favored board out of the other meh boards that Burton makes. Its just cheap because its on super sale right now...500 retail...

It has a 25.9mm waist, which should be wide enough for size 12-13 boots ehh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 6'3" 250 with a size 13 and ride a 161W, although it is pretty stiff.

I also ride mainly ice, but it's still stable enough to bomb when I want to (which is always)

I'd be more concerned about the width than length of the board. Find something around 26cm wide and be done with it.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm an advanced rider and I'm 6'3", 230 lbs, Size 14 Boots. I ride a 161.5 mid wide. I'm not familiar with Sierra boards but don't go too long. Go 159 to 162 Wide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts