Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First one is a 2014 157 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro Horsepower. Brand New with stickers. Got it as a replacement from a board that broke last year and I just want a bigger size. Normally a 700 dollar board. Asking 650 or trade straight up for a 164.5. Possibly take a 161.5 as well. But it has to be brand new.

Next is a brand new 2013 158 GNU Danny Kass Pro Monster Energy Edition. I got this board from a Facebook drawing from Monster. They only gave out 10 of these so they are very rare. Looks just like the 2013 Danny Kass just has some monster symbols on it. Really cool. Normally a 550 dollar board, only looking to get 400.

Again both boards are brand new and are insanely good boards by one of the best boarding companies out there. Let me know if interested. Thanks

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
First one is a 2014 157 Lib Tech T.Rice Pro Horsepower. Brand New with stickers. Got it as a replacement from a board that broke last year and I just want a bigger size. Normally a 700 dollar board. Asking 650 or trade straight up for a 164.5. Possibly take a 161.5 as well. But it has to be brand new.

Next is a brand new 2013 158 GNU Danny Kass Pro Monster Energy Edition. I got this board from a Facebook drawing from Monster. They only gave out 10 of these so they are very rare. Looks just like the 2013 Danny Kass just has some monster symbols on it. Really cool. Normally a 550 dollar board, only looking to get 400.

Again both boards are brand new and are insanely good boards by one of the best boarding companies out there. Let me know if interested. Thanks
You might have some hope with the T. Rice (but still not cheap), but not a snowball's chance in hell on the second one - there must have been hundreds of those DK Monster boards on ebay alone last year. You will be lucky to get more than $200 for it.

Also, why are looking for a longer T. Rice? Unless you have gained quite a bit of weight from your 155lbs earlier this year, the 157 is perfect for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have some hope with the T. Rice (but still not cheap), but not a snowball's chance in hell on the second one - there must have been hundreds of those DK Monster boards on ebay alone last year. You will be lucky to get more than $200 for it.

Also, why are looking for a longer T. Rice? Unless you have gained quite a bit of weight from your 155lbs earlier this year, the 157 is perfect for you.
I have yet to see another Danny Kass like mine on ebay. It's a 2013. I've seen older monster Danny kass but nothing like mine. I can't even find a picture online of the one I have. And I don't think offering a brand new board for 50 bucks cheaper is too bad. I mean you can't really find it cheaper than retail anywhere else.

And I am getting a new board strictly for park only and want a powder/all mountain board as well. A 157 isn't the best for powder and dropping cliffs. I'm 6'2 160, a bigger board will help out a ton for keeping my nose up.

·
Registered
585 Posts
And I am getting a new board strictly for park only and want a powder/all mountain board as well. A 157 isn't the best for powder and dropping cliffs. I'm 6'2 160, a bigger board will help out a ton for keeping my nose up.
164.5 cm would be giant for your weight. I'm 160 pounds as well and ride a 152 for my park board. For a powder/all mountain board I wouldn't want higher than 160. Personal preference I guess though. Good luck with the boards.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
164.5 cm would be giant for your weight. I'm 160 pounds as well and ride a 152 for my park board. For a powder/all mountain board I wouldn't want higher than 160. Personal preference I guess though. Good luck with the boards.
I'm just thinking about more float in powder Haha may find the 161 then

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
....I can't even find a picture online of the one I have. And I don't think offering a brand new board for 50 bucks cheaper is too bad. I mean you can't really find it cheaper than retail anywhere else.
I don't know anything about your board, so I can't comment on it's uniqueness but, I think your biggest problem is going to be in trying to sell it for only $50 under retail? Unless you are selling it to someone you know personally? Why would someone take the risk?

Boards don't seem to hold their retail value very well from one year to the next. And for a savings of only $50? I'd pay the full retail price just to make sure I'm getting the security of the companies return policy, warranty, etc!

I think If you really want to sell it you will have to drop your price quite a bit! (That, and if the buyer knows you won it? Again, why pay damn near retail? Unless it just happens to be the dream board your buyers been searching for?!) :dunno:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The T.Rice isn't last years board. It's a 2014. That's brand new. And it will carry its warranty for the next year. I don't see how a brand new board is worth a lot less than retail. You can't even get this board from anywhere for under retail, just saying

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the Danny kass, yes that one is last years board and normally a 550 dollar board where I am asking 400. I just read that there are 50 of them out there. So I would think pretty rare. Regardless, I am taking offers as well so hit me up

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
The T.Rice isn't last years board. It's a 2014. That's brand new. And it will carry its warranty for the next year. I don't see how a brand new board is worth a lot less than retail. You can't even get this board from anywhere for under retail, just saying
Don't get me wrong. Not ragging on the board. I'm just saying that for a savings of only $50? "I" would just go full retail if for no other reason to make sure I wasn't being sold a pig in a poke! But then I'm a paranoid fuck as I've been ripped off in the past.

I'm just saying if you really hope to get close to full value for the board, you will probably have to find someone you know to sell it to! That or put an add in CL locally and find someone who can actually come by and see exactly what it is they're buying!

Again, Good luck! (...not sarcasm!) :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I have yet to see another Danny Kass like mine on ebay. It's a 2013. I've seen older monster Danny kass but nothing like mine. I can't even find a picture online of the one I have. And I don't think offering a brand new board for 50 bucks cheaper is too bad. I mean you can't really find it cheaper than retail anywhere else.
Better post a pic of that 'unique' DK then.

For the T. Rice, I did say that you might have a shot. Got the invoice from an authorized retailer for warranty?

Honestly, you are still in the range of the 157. 161.5 would be the absolute max - larger than that and you could just strap a dining table to your feet and it would still ride better.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Not ragging on the board. I'm just saying that for a savings of only $50? "I" would just go full retail if for no other reason to make sure I wasn't being sold a pig in a poke! But then I'm a paranoid fuck as I've been ripped off in the past.
I agree. I've been ripped off and the comfort of buying in person and being able to inspect it is how I roll, unless its a deal that I just can't pass and even then its a gamble.

Good luck man and I hope you get what you are looking for.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
730 Posts
is it this board?
GNU x Monster Danny Kass C2BTX Pro Snowboard Size 155 Brand New in Plastic | eBay
If so, it is not last years...its 2011/2012.

is it this one?
2013 158 GNU Danny Kass Pro Monster Edition | eBay
if so they made 1000 of them. I have one and contacted gnu to register for warranty and inquired about its "uniqueness".

either way...why dont you ride the GNU and sell the Trice? The boards are quite similar. I rode the 158 GNU last year in some areas i never thought id take a twin (cliffs and pow in Delirium Dive)....and I am much heavier than you. Thats my 2c!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
is it this board?
GNU x Monster Danny Kass C2BTX Pro Snowboard Size 155 Brand New in Plastic | eBay

is it this one?
if so they made 1000 of them. I have one and contacted gnu to register for warranty and inquired about its "uniqueness".

either way...why dont you ride the GNU and sell the Trice? The boards are quite similar. I rode the 158 GNU last year in some areas i never thought id take a twin (cliffs and pow in Delirium Dive)....and I am much heavier than you. Thats my 2c!
It is the second one. In fact, that link is the OP also listing the board on ebay.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly, you are still in the range of the 157. 161.5 would be the absolute max - larger than that and you could just strap a dining table to your feet and it would still ride better.
I think it's more Rider's skill than that :p a centimeter and a half on the nose and tail would make THAT much of a difference haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is it this board?

is it this one?

I just posted the pics but I love the T.Rice, so light, and quite a bit of pop. Super fun board. But I am going to buy a more playful board for the park hence why i dont need the GNU. Either way I think I would Rather keep the Lib over the GNU. But hey both are great, i just want a little bigger for all mountain.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh and thanks for the clarification on the amount made. I know the contest gave out 10 of them, read that they only made 100 then read they only made 50 so now if GNU said they made a thousand, then theres a thousand haha more reliable than people on the internet

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree. I've been ripped off and the comfort of buying in person and being able to inspect it is how I roll, unless its a deal that I just can't pass and even then its a gamble.

Good luck man and I hope you get what you are looking for.:thumbsup:
Regardless, they are brand new so you would already know the condition. I understand there are people out there that claim shit to be new and not be. But like i said everything here is brand new never mounted (giggity) or anything. Just been sitting at my parents' house for a couple of months, thats it haha thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts