Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About me: I am 5'11 (size 11.5 boots), 185, 33, pretty athletic but started boarding last year. I got about 15 days in all east coast mid-atlantic on a rome garage rocker (154). Board did everything I needed it to do for a beginner except handle ice and speed well. All I am worried about this year is to continue progressing on the mountain and maybe hitting some jumps at the park.

My wife just surprised me with a Bataleon Goliath (158) and I have read mixed things here on the forums on how well it handles hard pack and ice. My bro-in law has a Bataleon enemy and got one day on it last year. He loved it but felt it was to sketchy for him on ice (it could be he wasn't accustomed to riding a tbt as some people have suggested). Point is, should I feel fine with the Goliath when dealing with ice and hard pack at speed or should I return it and get something that maybe a little better for what I am looking for?

Oh, any suggestions on bindings would be appreciated as well. I currently have a Rome Shift. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts