Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need both a new jacket and a new pair of snowpants. I was thinking I would get black snowpants because I could wear sweatshirts with them and they go with mostly everything. I really like this years O'Neil Toots jacket, I like the light blue one and the black one. What do you guys think I should get? and would it look weird if I got the black one and wore black snowpants withit? :dunno:

Jacket: O'Neill Toots Jacket - Men's | Dogfunk.com

·
Registered
730 Posts
I thought this was going to be a question about the functionality of outerwear....but its yet another "will this look cool?" thread.

buy what fits, buy what will keep you dry and you will be happy.

Or do whatever you want, i dont care either way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What Banjo said.

I had a pair of Burton Hemishere pants that were almost identical to one's in the link. Very warm and comfortable, but if you ride any thing deep there will be a ton of snow stuck to you.

Edit: The newer version is not a woolly as what I had.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Whiskeymilitia.com has outerwear for super discounts under their private selection. Volcom gore for super cheap. Better hurry though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I thought this was going to be a question about the functionality of outerwear....but its yet another "will this look cool?" thread.

buy what fits, buy what will keep you dry and you will be happy.

Or do whatever you want, i dont care either way.
haha be grateful for the fashion over function guys they are usually the ones in the lodge soaking wet and freezing their ass off by lunch time and a guy in the lodge is one less guy in the lift line or on the mountain...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This jacket looks like its warm as fuck so everyone saying I just want to look cool is an idiot. I have been riding for 11 years, I know how to wear appropriate clothing according to weather conditions.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This jacket looks like its warm as fuck so everyone saying I just want to look cool is an idiot. I have been riding for 11 years, I know how to wear appropriate clothing according to weather conditions.
First off that jacket is not that cool looking and second your paying for the name $250 for a 10k rated jacket is not so great... I have a 10k rated Billabong jacket that collects dust in my spare gear bag because honestly it's only good for spring bluebird days and was quickly retired after a rainy day where I got soaked to the bone... In other words look for something at least 15k or better I like 20k ratings myself or go gortex because staying warm & dry in even the worst conditions is priceless... Whiskey militia has the libtec brainstorm which is a $450 dollar jacket normally for $105 and is 30k rated not only is it a better deal but 3 times better at keeping you dry than that O'neil piece of crap...

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
First off that jacket is not that cool looking and second your paying for the name $250 for a 10k rated jacket is not so great... I have a 10k rated Billabong jacket that collects dust in my spare gear bag because honestly it's only good for spring bluebird days and was quickly retired after a rainy day where I got soaked to the bone... In other words look for something at least 15k or better I like 20k ratings myself or go gortex because staying warm & dry in even the worst conditions is priceless... Whiskey militia has the libtec brainstorm which is a $450 dollar jacket normally for $105 and is 30k rated not only is it a better deal but 3 times better at keeping you dry than that O'neil piece of crap...
Thanks for that, I just picked up one of those brainstorms. I hope it fits, the chest on the XL is only 43-45... I figure for $100 and goretex I can sell it if ts too small.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thanks for that, I just picked up one of those brainstorms. I hope it fits, the chest on the XL is only 43-45... I figure for $100 and goretex I can sell it if ts too small.
I found a review on it that said it runs big so hopefully you'll be alright on it. Even if it's not name brand gore tex, for a hundred bucks seems like a killer deal.

I too have a new jacket on the way and am hoping for the fit to work out for me. I picked up a new Arc'Teryx beta AR for 270 bucks. It was too good of a deal not to buy, I figure it should last for years of snowboarding, backpacking and fishing.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Nice one, I was set on getting this jacket as well but from lib's site at only 30% off ($350) but picked up this DC jacket from a local store instead. WhiskeyMilitia.com: DC Bipolar 3L Jacket - Men's - $93.99 - 65% off

Never even knew about WM till now. I hate ordering stuff from the states because of duty and border hold ups tho...Yeah thats what I'll keep telling my self.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Nice one, I was set on getting this jacket as well but from lib's site at only 30% off ($350) but picked up this DC jacket from a local store instead. WhiskeyMilitia.com: DC Bipolar 3L Jacket - Men's - $93.99 - 65% off

Never even knew about WM till now. I hate ordering stuff from the states because of duty and border hold ups tho...Yeah thats what I'll keep telling my self.

Just curious..... Can you get a US PO Box near the border and just drive to it?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just curious..... Can you get a US PO Box near the border and just drive to it?
This possible for sure as we have one at work. We all just send our usa shit there and once a week some picks it all up. Of course there are work related items as well.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts