Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, another one of these threads.

My board of choice is still the Burton Supermodel X (it's a couple years old) and the season is coming around so I'm getting excited. I've got a Evo and a Westmark that'll get me through the season so I'm happy there.

How does the Cobra compare to the Heritage? I want a board that is a little more lively or not as damp, something that kinda compares to the supermodel but with RCR. Any other suggestions to a comparable board would be considered too, I don't really care about the price.

I've also only had Cartel bindings, I love them. Should I bother looking at anything else? I bought a pair of 2012 390 Boss bindings and they were fucking junk. They were nice bindings but I spent way too much time fixing them and talking to rome.

I've never rode the proto but it seems like it's more like an SL or Evo, which i'm not interested in.

With this board I like speed, ripping through trees, jumps and launching off cliffs and natural features.

I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in Washington and Alberta this year so I'm pretty pumped about buying stuff. I'm a gear whore, sorry.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
The comparison between the Heritage and Cobra is irrelevant in my opinion. You said you want something lively. That's not really a characteristic of NS in general. Their construction style is to blame for that. 5 layers of glass kinda ruins it.

Also you said RCR. Do you want Camrock (RCR) or CRC like NS uses?

If you actually want RCR look into the YES PYL, Jones Flagship, or Rossignol Krypto.

If you want CRC, Flow Drifter or Rush, or Nitro Blacklight Gullwing.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The comparison between the Heritage and Cobra is irrelevant in my opinion. You said you want something lively. That's not really a characteristic of NS in general. Their construction style is to blame for that. 5 layers of glass kinda ruins it.

If you actually want RCR look into the YES PYL, Jones Flagship, or Rossignol Krypto.

Thanks, I'll give the latter a look! I'd really like to try a brand I've never been on before.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,440 Posts
Just curious... What do you guys mean with "lively"? :icon_scratch:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts

Sidetrack... It's probably been said before but I missed it. Nivek, what do you do for a living, if I may ask? It seems like you're familiar with about 100 boards, and you always have pretty solid tips and advice. I'm just curious. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just curious... What do you guys mean with "lively"? :icon_scratch:

I'm really not sure what I mean honestly. The Neversummer (Heritage) just feels like I could run over a deer and barely feel it. It's a good board but the thing is a tank! .. IMO

I just want a board I feel more comfortable throwing spins off natural jumps and cliffs. something that's a little easier to kick around but still a great freeride board for charging down steeps. Kicking around the Flow Drifter or Ride Berzerker right now. I want to try a brand I've never been on before.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Sidetrack... It's probably been said before but I missed it. Nivek, what do you do for a living, if I may ask? It seems like you're familiar with about 100 boards, and you always have pretty solid tips and advice. I'm just curious. :)
I work at Qdoba. You'd be surprised what you can learn from wrapping burritos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts