Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I use a 4ft cheap plastic table and a couple of boxes. I've heard milk crates with bungee cords work great since you can put the bindings inside the crates.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Waxing station?

I just throw newspaper on the carpet and go. Scraping it in the living room is no problem either. Vacuums right up.

·
Registered
696 Posts
just dont wax on a bed, it's tuff to wash that wax out, ask the old Snowline Inn mngrs up at BAKER.

Years ago the Sims team, Tom Sims (R.I.P.), Kidwell, Palmer and several more , I think even hardcore local Ranquet may have been there, reserved a couple rooms for the Banked Slalom and proceeded to ruin every bed sheet and carpet waxing on them.

The following years Banked Slalom, our team manager reserved two rooms, 8 months in advance for us, then one week before the race, the Snowline mngr called our teams shop asking if we were snowboarders ? she told them "yes, why ?" their reply was "you will have to find a new room elsewhere" and that is when they mentioned the whole SIMS team incident.

They ended up letting us stay after all, since we showed them the team van outside with our sponsors shop name and number on the side in 2 foot letters

good memories

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here is a shot of the "Magic Go Fast Table" It is nothing more than a very old Harvest table covered with a cheap vinyl dollar store table cloth. That makes for easy wax cleanup.

There is a strip of old carpet on the floor. Again, catches the wax drips and saves you from the dreaded slip on the wax on the tile floor. Don't care if the wax gets ground into the carpet.

Nice bright light to see what's going on.

Out of the picture to the left is the required beer fridge. :giggle:

Attachments

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Plastic tarp stapled/tacked to wall, duct taped to floor

$20ish foldable table from walmart, also goes in the car with chairs for cookout in the parking lot days.

2 cinderblocks wrapped in foam padding tied off with shoelaces.

$12 Walmart iron.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
OldMan, nice set-up there

Mine is being moved to the garage this year as my spot in the basement has been renovated and "will not" get messed up. Per the wife :bowdown:

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I have a folding SWIX frame for snowboards currently, and use in the living room, but will be building a new home hopefully next summer, and this will incorporate a wax room in part of the garage, which will be heated, we have 2 snowboarders, with 7 boards between us, and 2 skiers, and then cross country as well, so we need to have somewhere that is suitable...

Will be an interesting project as the garage will be awesome, will be 2 cars wide, but 2 cars deep although only 2 cars going in, and the basement of the garage will be attached to the house so we can access that space with no outside walking, that will house the man cave, and server room, with safe and other essential bits inside so as to be "outside" the main building in case of fire...

As the garage will primarily be concrete construction and the house will be concrete and wood i would feel safer with this, but the wax room i will enjoy, as i wax after every day riding...!!! Sometimes i ride 3 or more boards and still wax, it makes such a difference i think...

People tend not to be so OCD with builds here, but i have already started the design n the house, and over 3 (possibly 4) floors, are working on living space being upwards of 300 SQm + garage... The layout is already done, and am working on wiring points etc at the moment, we estimate about 700m of ethernet cabling alone for the cctv and wired internet access points but will be running wireless access points of all floors with aproximately 30 power sockets on each floor as well running 3 breaker systems, and 2 breakers for the garage, with air power tools and generator to power the essentials in case of power cuts...

The wax room, will be fitted with extraction and be tiled from floor to ceiling, with slate floor and underfloor heating, which will be incorporated into the whole garage...

Measuring about 12foot by 20 foot on the plans at the moment, with custom built work station and racking by a local carpenter...

Lets hope i get plans and will post pics when it is done... Haha

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I have a folding SWIX frame for snowboards currently, and use in the living room, but will be building a new home hopefully next summer, and this will incorporate a wax room in part of the garage, which will be heated, we have 2 snowboarders, with 7 boards between us, and 2 skiers, and then cross country as well, so we need to have somewhere that is suitable...

Will be an interesting project as the garage will be awesome, will be 2 cars wide, but 2 cars deep although only 2 cars going in, and the basement of the garage will be attached to the house so we can access that space with no outside walking, that will house the man cave, and server room, with safe and other essential bits inside so as to be "outside" the main building in case of fire...

As the garage will primarily be concrete construction and the house will be concrete and wood i would feel safer with this, but the wax room i will enjoy, as i wax after every day riding...!!! Sometimes i ride 3 or more boards and still wax, it makes such a difference i think...

People tend not to be so OCD with builds here, but i have already started the design n the house, and over 3 (possibly 4) floors, are working on living space being upwards of 300 SQm + garage... The layout is already done, and am working on wiring points etc at the moment, we estimate about 700m of ethernet cabling alone for the cctv and wired internet access points but will be running wireless access points of all floors with aproximately 30 power sockets on each floor as well running 3 breaker systems, and 2 breakers for the garage, with air power tools and generator to power the essentials in case of power cuts...

The wax room, will be fitted with extraction and be tiled from floor to ceiling, with slate floor and underfloor heating, which will be incorporated into the whole garage...

Measuring about 12foot by 20 foot on the plans at the moment, with custom built work station and racking by a local carpenter...

Lets hope i get plans and will post pics when it is done... Haha
errr...where will I be sleeping when I visit...and you forgot the sauna/hot tub

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
See now, you have to think BIG, it will have a walk around balcony on 2 sides, 1 side will be enclosed with an indoor BBQ one end and a jacuzzi the other end...

The loft will have a 4 bed guest room for visitors, with it's own bathroom, and then the ground floor will be open plan kitchen, toilet cloakroom, dining area and balcony.

floor -1 will be master bedroom, onsite, walk in wardrobe, laundry room, 1 bedroom and 1 hobby room and access to basement of garage. Balcony on master bedroom.

floor -2 will be laundry room, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, lounge for kids and storage room, own entrance will be incorporated in lounge for conversion to basement flat when the kids get kicked out... Hehe

Garage will have basement man cave with security room, server room, cctv control centre, wax room upstairs big garage, and on top of garage, balcony with outdoor bbq area and lounge with bar...

The problem we have here, is the cost of the land i want... It is 1268 sq metre plot, which should fetch about $450,000 just for the land, and it is on a hill, now the plot would support 3 houses, but i only want one, and the guy who owns the land lives next door, so it is a negotiation at the moment...

The next problem is build costs here work out somewhere between $4200 + $5800 a sq metre...

So you can imagine the cost when looking at 300+ sq metres, oh and that does not include the loft guest room or the garage....!!!

It will be a big house, but i have to look at cost against resale as we do have areas that have a ceiling price, but we are limited with land as well, and building restrictions take the piss...!!!

A quick example, is the area i am trying is you can only build on 30% of total land, and you must have a 4 metre border between home and plot line, you cannot obstruct someone else's view, and for every 80sq metres, you must have a parking space off road, and for every 2 spaces you must have 1 of those in a garage... so i may have to have 6 spaces with 3 of them being garaged...

So as you can see, lots of problems to overcome before we start... But possible and hoping to have done, funding dependant within 18 months...!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It's my daughter that rides with me. :yahoo:

What you see in the pic:

For her

148 Atomic Fallen Angel ( her first board )
152 Burton Feelgood FV
156 Jones Mountain Twin ( a guys board, but she can handle it )not in the pic

For me:

160 Elan Eragon ( my first board )
159 Rossi One Magtech
161 Burton Barracuda
160 LT Lando
161 YES PYL
161 K2 Ultra Dream

The YES and the K2 are new to me and I have not been on them yet.

Guilty as charged, I have a thing for decks. However when I can pick up all of the above for less than $300.00 bucks each in excellent condition off Geartrade, I grab em. Of the boards above, I only purchased the Atomic and Elan brand new. All the rest I paid less than $300.00 bucks

I also look after the decks for my brother and his two kids, so the "table" sees a lot of time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Oldman

I see one of your boards is a 161 cuda, my wife just bought me one, just wondering what you think of it ?

I'm curious of the S-rocker, how is it on groomers, the shape is almost exactly the same as my Malolo, so I'm thinking it will feel the same, other then the camber

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ha. I use two Medium sized recycle bins. you can get them from your local dump (free) and put some bricks to keep em solid. Glued some plumbing foam on edges and wham your ready to rock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts