Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

81 - 100 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Listen guys, as with ANY tutorial, guide, tech manual, training etc... MAKE SURE YOU ONLY EVER TAKE ADVICE FROM EXPERTS WHO ARE ACTUALLY EXPERTS AT THE TOPIC IN QUESTION, AND EXPERTS AT TRAINING, TEACHING.

Honestly, I have seen more than enough to know there are many more EXPERT, CERTIFIED, INSTRUCTORS and TRAINERS who are actually PROFESSIONALS.

I mean, I guess I would say that channel is 5/10. Not bad, not good, just mediocre.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Listen guys, as with ANY tutorial, guide, tech manual, training etc... MAKE SURE YOU ONLY EVER TAKE ADVICE FROM EXPERTS WHO ARE ACTUALLY EXPERTS AT THE TOPIC IN QUESTION, AND EXPERTS AT TRAINING, TEACHING.

Honestly, I have seen more than enough to know there are many more EXPERT, CERTIFIED, INSTRUCTORS and TRAINERS who are actually PROFESSIONALS.

I mean, I guess I would say that channel is 5/10. Not bad, not good, just mediocre.
Yeah but... are they NICE?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

That's like a president tweet.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Did you really join up just to drop this nugget of common sense, thanks I guess?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love how since this thread was created, in two out of the next three videos they released, they briefly spoke about safety/caution/hazard/be careful when doing X type stuff. I suppose that's still not good enough as that one video where they just ride and don't "professionally" advise people of all their disclaimers before doing any non-beginner stuff is bad for the community.

Also, it seems like Kevin, after publically harassing Andreas (the snowboard guy who works in a shop Whistler) in a bunch of his videos to wear a helmet, has finally been successful and Andreas has been wearing a helmet in seemingly every video since (I don't follow his channel but see him pop up in a bunch of other people's vids).

·
Registered
27 Posts

Kevin is a CASI level 3 and former instructor for WB, so that warning doesn’t seem to apply.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I love how since this thread was created, in two out of the next three videos they released, they briefly spoke about safety/caution/hazard/be careful when doing X type stuff. I suppose that's still not good enough as that one video where they just ride and don't "professionally" advise people of all their disclaimers before doing any non-beginner stuff is bad for the community.

Also, it seems like Kevin, after publically harassing Andreas (the snowboard guy who works in a shop Whistler) in a bunch of his videos to wear a helmet, has finally been successful and Andreas has been wearing a helmet in seemingly every video since (I don't follow his channel but see him pop up in a bunch of other people's vids).
Never trust a guy that rides pow with a jacket unzipped.
In this episode:
OMG !! Andreas puts on a helmet!!
Stay tuned for our next episode: Andreas zips up his jacket! Best powder day everrrrrrrrrr!! Am-a-zing.

Don't forget to like and subscribe.

That said... I don't know if they have been better in the last videos, season or so. Like I said, I haven't seen their videos in a long time and I've stopped getting their videos recommended. Maybe it's all the Thumbs Downs I've left for the videos where they give detailed instructions to spots :D :D

I've also seen maybe 1 or 2 of the other vloggers, and those are even worse. Would rather watch Kevin and SPC.

For those of you who like SPC... how old are you?
My kids love all these video game Youtube vlogger videos-thing........ I don't understand why. Maybe this is the same? hmmm not really, SPC is better than Ryan toys review....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
On todays episode, the polite canadians ride deep powder and get eye fucked by japanese groupies, the boys are living the life!
WARNING THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAIN EXPERT TERRAIN AND RIDERS DO NOT TRY AT HOME

·
Registered
600 Posts
Never trust a guy that rides pow with a jacket unzipped.
Haha this cracked me up because I was watching one of their videos the other day, to see those awesome conditions out in Whistler right now, and saw that dude riding powder with his jacket unzipped and thought to myself WTF?! :LOL:

I don’t mind Casey Willax videos, especially the one about a month ago in Sierra Tahoe, just the sights and weather. Beautiful.
Anyways, I understand the concern some people have here when your channel is geared towards beginners and then you post videos riding in trees, and in terrain like underneath the Peak to Peak. I hope they have beacons, probes and shovels etc in their backpacks. A better idea would of been to make a second account for their vlogs and more advanced riding stuff, however....

Personally, I never thought SPC instructional videos were all that great. I found Snowboard Addiction to be way better at explaining and showing great visual examples. If I was a beginner that’s what channel I would watch.

81 - 100 of 202 Posts