Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw the Burton Throwback special edition Chill board pop up for sale in a Burton promo email...

The board is the same as the regular throwback but costs $50 less at $99.

Ended up buying 2!

It's the Chill inspired graphics which are drawings done by children from their nonprofit Chill program that helps kids learn to ride for free.

I learned in the Chill program when my highschool powerlifting coach got some of us in it. It was new to Salt Lake at the time. I would have likely never picked up the sport if it weren't for Chill.

Earlier this year I did a donation and now figured I'd support by buying two boards.

Excited to try it likely next season as the snow from this week will melt by the weekend.

Anyone try one of these? What's your experience?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Let me do a display of ignorance: why someone may want to hve a binding-less board?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Let me do a display of ignorance: why someone may want to hve a binding-less board?
This for playing around in the backyard with the kids or you take it to a playground with wide open space when there is snow and mess around. It's similar to sledding but this one you stand on and grab the front rope to keep the nose up and steer it with your feet like a surfboard. Also, some people like collecting them. It's a throwback collectible item. Nice buy for good cause @Jack87. Don't fee bad, I'm getting the itch again to buy another deck.

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup @SushiLover said it perfectly. It's just for fun messing around on a sledding hill, backyard or park.

I also got a husky puppy this last summer. She is 11 months now and we got her a brother less than two weeks ago so a puppy at just over 9 weeks now. Come next winter they'll both be big enough and I'll likely have them pull this thing around on some flats just for fun. It's in their DNA! This board has no metal edges so it should be safer than a typical Snowboard for that purpose.

She's a bit annoyed with the little guy but he loves her a lot. Meet Denali and the white one is Yukon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats brother!! gorgeous dogs. Honestly, Huskies are the cutest most fun dogs to own, no offense to the other breed. You need a Sierra next to complete your GMC line, LOL.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats brother!! gorgeous dogs. Honestly, Huskies are the cutest most fun dogs to own, no offense to the other breed. You need a Sierra next to complete your GMC line, LOL.
Haha indeed; we were mostly aiming towards the Mountain and River in Alaska but couldn't hurt to have a Sierra! Thanks! These two are actually biological siblings different litters but same mom and dad.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Enjoy!! curious to see how big they'll get in 6 months. Just make sure you feed them enough protein to get your return on your new tow rope lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Enjoy!! curious to see how big they'll get in 6 months. Just make sure you feed them enough protein to get your return on your new tow rope lol.
Haha right! Easier said than done actually. Denali barley eats! She hit 40lbs pretty quickly within 6 months and has gained maybe .8lbs since. She might maybe put on another 5 or so if I'm lucky. My girlfriends sister got her brother from the same litter. He's closer to 60lbs now.

Their mom came from a racing pack and she's at 40lbs. Denali is freaking fast fastest dog I've ever seen! She's definitely lead dog material. Yukon so far seems to be doing better with eating as a puppy he'll hopefully take after their dad who's closer to 80lbs then he can get the sled/board at least moving. Typically huskies get by on so little resources as it's ingrained in their DNA and Denali will not eat more than she needs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haha right! Easier said than done actually. Denali barley eats! She hit 40lbs pretty quickly within 6 months and has gained maybe .8lbs since. She might maybe put on another 5 or so if I'm lucky. My girlfriends sister got her brother from the same litter. He's closer to 60lbs now.

Their mom came from a racing pack and she's at 40lbs. Denali is freaking fast fastest dog I've ever seen! She's definitely lead dog material. Yukon so far seems to be doing better with eating as a puppy he'll hopefully take after their dad who's closer to 80lbs then he can get the sled/board at least moving. Typically huskies get by on so little resources as it's ingrained in their DNA and Denali will not eat more than she needs.

Hmmmm may be when it starts to warm up and you start taking them outside more often and become more active she'll start eating more. More activities will speed up her metabolism. Also, having another sibling might help her mood better which could lead to more frequent meals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are super fun. All about finding a good pow hill. Here’s the one I made

View attachment 158179
This is great! I've seen you post it for sale! I might have even contacted you to let you know how cool I thought it was. Wasn't ready to buy at the time. Did you ever find a buyer?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmm may be when it starts to warm up and you start taking them outside more often and become more active she'll start eating more. More activities will speed up her metabolism. Also, having another sibling might help her mood better which could lead to more frequent meals.
Yeah she totally loves to eat after a good run session. The puppy has definitely encouraged better eating for her because if she doesn't munch something he will!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ohh I forgot to ask you about your Stalefish. What do you think of that board?
It's fun! I like it. Took it out for the last day of the season for me last Sunday. Everything felt great the first few runs! Then I took some nasty falls from too much confidence haha now I hurt. I can't wait until next season to use it in the deeper stuff I'm sure that's where it will shine rather than the spring conditions.

I almost got a powder division when I went to pick up the puppy in Utah some guy was selling one never used but backed out last minute to keep it. I wasn't mad though it's so darn close to the Stale Fish.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's fun! I like it. Took it out for the last day of the season for me last Sunday. Everything felt great the first few runs! Then I took some nasty falls from too much confidence haha now I hurt. I can't wait until next season to use it in the deeper stuff I'm sure that's where it will shine rather than the spring conditions.

I almost got a powder division when I went to pick up the puppy in Utah some guy was selling one never used but backed out last minute to keep it. I wasn't mad though it's so darn close to the Stale Fish.
Nice!!! it's not bad on groomers at all. My only gripe with it is when there is frozen chunder and ice, it has no edge to grip. It shines in soft snow and obviously deep pow.

It's literally the same board as the Stale fish. Good thing the guy changed his mind to prevent you from buying it lol. Next year if I'm in Colorado I'll let you get on it to see if there is any difference but I'm pretty sure the flex, shape, side cut are the same. May be the core is different and the 3D nose might be a little noticeable. I doubt if you feel any difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is great! I've seen you post it for sale! I might have even contacted you to let you know how cool I thought it was. Wasn't ready to buy at the time. Did you ever find a buyer?
That was me. I’m hyped you guys like it. I never sold it, had it up for 110$ but was losing money on that. I’d sell it for 150 and buy another to design and shape it. I love making them.

I’d also design and paint customs for anyone that’s down.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't believe it never sold for $110. 150 is totally fair price. Anything less you might as well just ride it. I like all the designs! I think the one you ended up doing...drop bomb with face is my favorite in the bunch there.

I was going to buy the DIY before the chill one was released but it sold out and been sold out for months. I really hope it comes back in stock so you can make more.

If goes in stock hop on Burton chat tell them you want the discount for owning a toyota. They'll give you 20% off code and you can get the DIY kits for $80. So it might be easier to sell when pricing 130/140.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts