Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I was above the whole marketing thing, but watching Torstein on the Dew Tour and vids of him doing top-bottom runs on the 2011 MLF is really making me want to get a DC MLF

I'm starting to feel like my Nitro sub-zero 2010 is too flexible and not well-rounded enough to hit everything in the park like he does. But then again the sub's got me pretty spoiled when it comes to effortless presses and comfort on boxes/rails...

I also have a Burton Custom 07/08 which I'm assuming is probably alot like the MLF in stiffness and all-around capabilities (except that its not a twin like the MLF) but sometimes I wonder if the MLF has something my old custom doesn't or different in a way that would make it better for jibs... I hate riding the custom through the park, only take it out on pow days, racing w/ friends, or maybe in the pipe.

Anyone ride the MLF? Will it make me Torstein? Hah not serious, but would it be the middle ground between the sub-zero and the old custom, or is it basically the same as the custom?

·
Registered
2 Posts
He can make and do anything on about any board. But it may help you hit some more variety. if your not comfortable on the nitro then you might as well try it.

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
The Sub is a decent board. Don't feel regret for getting it. You'll notice he doesn't ride only one board. He rides the PBJ and MLF mostly. Keep the Sub and when you feel like your jumping needs more substance pick up something with more pop and stability.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If Torstein rocked a DC branded pink bunny suit while riding...you'd see pink bunnies all over the mountain

He's that good......:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Almost picked one up myself...I wad really impressed by the DC boards. I thought they were going to be soft and loose but they actually have a pretty solid flex and a good rc design. Now how long they hold up for is another question.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Enigmatic, have you been hitting the new gambler jump at bear? cause i was thinking bout hitting it with my subzero and was wondering if you were hitting that jump and thought the sub lacked for it. My sub feels fine for hitting the big jump just under gambler though, but i too was thinking about getting a newer, stiffer board for jumps

·
Registered
685 Posts
Torstein could ride a plank and make it look sweet. That said, his bio does say he rides the MLF in various sizes based on what he's doing. It's a twin board. I feel like you can do that with any true twin cambered board with medium to just above medium flex though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks for the feedback, I'll keep my eyes open with those end of season sales and see if I can get something a little stiffer...

and Twin, I haven't really even thought about hitting gambler with this board...I feel like I would get too chattery straightlining it catching speed to clear it. I mostly only hit the medium jumps with this board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts