Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a pair of zoom DKs and I wanted to know if anyones ever thought of doing this..
For those who know the pull string is behind the tounge (I am talking about the lock that each string is inserted into) *sorry for lack of terminology lol*
I have heard of that piece breaking on some people when they pulled on their strings which would leave them rather helpless. For those familiar with jordan lace locks.. would a lace lock be able to replace this piece of equipment I am referring to? Hopefully my explanation wasn't so bad that no one comprehended lol

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
As a sneakerhead, I do know what you're talking about. Seems like it would just depend on the whether the diameter of the boots' liner laces would fit in the Jordan lacelock. If so, I don't see why it wouldn't work, albeit in a slightly different way...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a sneakerhead, I do know what you're talking about. Seems like it would just depend on the whether the diameter of the boots' liner laces would fit in the Jordan lacelock. If so, I don't see why it wouldn't work, albeit in a slightly different way...
Thanks for the reply! I was just wondering if it could be used as a replacement because idk what else id do if that piece snapped on me

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I guess it would depend on the lacelock. Pretty sure that there is considerably more tension on the lacing system for the liner (especially when flexing into the boot), so a normal lace lock might not work and you need the 'jammer' type as on most snowboard boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts