Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ideal Vermont board for intermediate who wants to step up

290 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  GregT943
Intermediate rider from NJ (rode a bit in my teen years, got back into it 3 years ago). Started going to Vermont. Where did all these moguls come from?! I have a buttery freestyle board (yes jackpot 156 - hybrid camber from a couple years back before full camber) and a wide pow board (yes hybrid 157) that likes to make big S turns. I foresee a lot of Vermont trips. I really love it here. I don’t need to buy a new board right now (let’s be honest I suck is the problem) but just curious, what would be the ideal board for ripping VT - ice, chunder, moguls, bumps, trees, etc?

I feel like I need a board shape like my jackpot with the stiffness of the hybrid?

some ideas : gnu 4x4, yes hybrid 153, yes standard uninc, yes basic uninc (OCD wants another yes but it doesnt have to be) - Size 10.5 boots / 185 LBS
See less
Intermediate rider from NJ (rode a bit in my teen years, got back into it 3 years ago). Started going to Vermont. Where did all these moguls come from?! I have a buttery freestyle board (yes jackpot 156 - hybrid camber from a couple years back before full camber) and a wide pow board (yes hybrid 157) that likes to make big S turns. I foresee a lot of Vermont trips. I really love it here. I don’t need to buy a new board right now (let’s be honest I suck is the problem) but just curious, what...
See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
The Yes Basic would be a great choice for you. If you don't want the Basic but want to stick with Yes, I would suggest the Typo over the Standard for you. The Typo and the Basic are great all mountain boards that will allow you to progress and do well in Vermont conditions and terrain. For the Typo and the Basic you could do the 158 or if you need a little more width the 159 Wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts