Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had no quiver and didn't care about price what would you pick?

I'll go first: since I don't ride park hardly at all I would probably pick the most recent Ride Berserker if I had to go with one board.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
If I had megabucks, I'd go into the most well-stocked shop in our area and buy 10 boards and 10 sets of bindings. Of course I'd be retired (or a professional snowboarder which is about the same thing) so I'd be able to spend all day trying them out against each other.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
I'd get the Cygnus-x1 just to see if riding a $3000 board offers any advantages.
But I'm with Donutz on getting a mega quiver as well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had megabucks, I'd go into the most well-stocked shop in our area and buy 10 boards and 10 sets of bindings. Of course I'd be retired (or a professional snowboarder which is about the same thing) so I'd be able to spend all day trying them out against each other.
I don't know if I would have the patience for 100 different combinations. Even if I were retired. I could, however, easily come home with that many jackets.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,437 Posts
Ha; this question is easy to aswer. I've just spent some hours looking for reviews/info since the splitboard retailer site with the biggest selection in this county was updated today with the 13/14 stuff - and I'm clueless... I'd just get all 13 splits and find out by myself, which one is MY one :)

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of a trick question because I don't think any dedicated rider would only be stuck with one board if money was no issue.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
A press, digital screen printer, quality mid weight bi and tri glass, carbon stringers, strips, and sticks, 7000 extruded base material, and a core mill. Make my own damn boards.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
And a big honkin' pickup truck to cart in snow from the back of the local icerink where the Zamboni gets emptied.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would honestly choose the Cygnus-X1, because it really does look awesome. It costs more than the car I'm looking at buying, so I'd never realistically consider it unless I could get it at a steep discount, but it does look like it's had a lot of effort put into making it.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Easy, the board I already own...

I try not to let money dictate my board purchases. I spend way too much on lift tickets, meals, and other gear to go cheap on the board. :dunno:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't care how rich you are, the Cygnus is still just overpriced hype with a sprinkling of bullshit. If we're burning money like we just don't care, might as well buy this useless $660 piece of shit:

Slippery Banana Banana – Lib Tech

I tried to make it clear that unless I had literally UNLIMITED money, I wouldn't actually buy the Cygnus for full price.

EDIT: I should stop talking. How about this: If the Cygnus was 550 dollars, I think I'd buy it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
If money were no object I would keep all my existing gear and hire McMorris, Torstein, Blauvelt, and the Flying Tomato as full-time coaches.

PS: And T. Rice as well - it looks like he is doing a nice job waxing that board during the opening credits of TAOF, so he can do my sticks too.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,437 Posts
Unlimited? Then I'd get part of "my" mountain. Not all of it but this one lift that accesses most of the nice SC. Don't think I could track this one out in two days if it's all mine :). And there would be no need to rise unnaturally early in the morning and endure this fevered queueing (with a huge tendency to aggressiveness) that seems to be necessairy for some at after-storm mornings :huh:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts