Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I have been juggling this statement for awhile and I am trying find a consensus or norm. It goes along the line as, a skier would say "I skied Mammoth." Then a boarder would say "I _____ Mammoth." All inputs will be noted, but the development of a common answer is necessary :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the ride/rode verb. I am just worried that it would get misconstrued as mountain biking. Shredded seems pretty common place as well...To say "I boarded Mammoth." Well it just doesn't have a good ring to me IMO.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I stood on a wooden plank that had a slick underside, which in turn propelled me down groomed trails. At noon i encountered a huge cliff that i back flipped, all the skier skiing were jealous as they watched me shred mammoth. BAMM/ makes sense...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stood on a wooden plank that had a slick underside, which in turn propelled me down groomed trails. At noon i encountered a huge cliff that i back flipped, all the skier skiing were jealous as they watched me shred mammoth. BAMM/ makes sense...
:yahoo: Perfect! LOL!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I get the ride/rode verb. I am just worried that it would get misconstrued as mountain biking. Shredded seems pretty common place as well...To say "I boarded Mammoth." Well it just doesn't have a good ring to me IMO.
I use ride/rode. But I'm an equine professional hence, I ride horses. So I often have to additionally note which type of riding I'm referring to when speaking to others.

Never been one to say "board/boarded or boarder" - also because that denotes the people (boarders) who keep their horses at another's barn (board).

And "snowboarded/snowboarding" are frankly more syllables than I have time to say.

Shredded makes me think of a grater. So I don't use that either.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
ride/rode. shred. snowboard.
I'm to old and un-cool to use terms like Shred. Most people I know would think I'm wacked out if I used that term let alone not knowing what it meant.

I'm still not sure I know what it means....

I just say I had a great time snowboarding today, yesterday, over the weekend, etc...

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
To me shred means a bit more then "to ride"....kinda like a greater action.

Example: "i ride the chair lift" not "i shred the chair lift".

Shredding is more of an "extreme" form of doing something.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use ride/rode. But I'm an equine professional hence, I ride horses. So I often have to additionally note which type of riding I'm referring to when speaking to others.

Never been one to say "board/boarded or boarder" - also because that denotes the people (boarders) who keep their horses at another's barn (board).

And "snowboarded/snowboarding" are frankly more syllables than I have time to say.

Shredded makes me think of a grater. So I don't use that either.
Wait, so what do you say? :icon_scratch:

I just say I went to _______ (mammoth, squaw, alta, deer valley, whatever). Then people say, "You ski?" "No, I skiblade" "what's that?" "I'm just messin' with you, I snowboard"

EDIT: Ooooohhhhh never mind, you say ride/rode. I guess I should pay more attention next time. hehe.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I shredded the chair lift with my fart.....

I ride my snowboard enough along with all my co workers and friends that we all just know what's up. If I say I was I Jackson, revy, Tahoe.... Whatever. They know

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Wait, so what do you say? :icon_scratch:

I just say I went to _______ (mammoth, squaw, alta, deer valley, whatever). Then people say, "You ski?" "No, I skiblade" "what's that?" "I'm just messin' with you, I snowboard"

EDIT: Ooooohhhhh never mind, you say ride/rode. I guess I should pay more attention next time. hehe.
Alta? Alta??

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Off topic(not that it matters). I nominate cassMT for most avatar changes in a month award, thats like your 3rd or 4th avatar this month i think.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts