Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If some random came up to you on the mountain and asked if he could demo your board for a run would you?

Has anyone done this or had this happen to them and did you let them?

I was thinking wouldn’t mind trying this, I’d be all for it if I could ride the run with them on their board but would be pissed if someone did a runner.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've done it, but not without talking to them on the lift, and usually not if we don't have common acquaintances. And I get to ride their board ofc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Personally, No. If your board gets coreshotted or the chunt does a runner, it's tough tits for you.
That's what demo days are for.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nope. Unless I had his verified contact info, which means I know him, zero chance. Even if I did know him, I'd make it clear that 'if he damages it, he pays for it.' You would think this is common sense but experience teaches you otherwise.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
ALL THE FUCKING TIME. This happens to me every time someone notices I'm on a next years board doing a review. Then it's a thousand fucking questions and they want to ride it. The answer is always NO. Why? I have no clue who they are, if they can actually ride, I'm responsible if they hit a rock or some shit, and then there's the theft issue. They want to ride it, they can go demo it, I'm not putting my name/brand at risk with the companies that send me product.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I must have let at least 4 people ride my custom donek when I had it and I know for sure two of em bought one right after, but carving people aren't known to be broke douchebags so maybe this is a different situation

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I've done it, well borrowed a board. Was talking to a person on a lift when the Gnu Zoid had just been released. Turns out the person was a liftie and just on a hot lap break. They were like here go take it for a few laps since I have to go back to work. We rode down together, then traded boards and I put in an hour on it then rode back to their lift and gave it back.

Of course this was at Whitewater in BC and things are very different there. Possibly the most friendly and chill place in the entire world.

·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No from me too, but I ride alot of scummy mountains where theft and shit isn't uncommon.

This is the best thing I've ever read on here.
I was wondering if many boards get stolen off the mountain, you see so many boards stacked around the cafes and bars, is theft really that common? I've seen those snowboard locks which I assume must just go through the binding and used more to prevent opportunistic theft or maybe they're more designed for when you leave gear in common areas at lodges I don't know.

I'd probably be okay with lending someone my board to ride if I could ride with them and was comfortable they could ride without banging it up but shit happens sometimes. Would be case by case for me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
My buddies new Bataleon Omni was stolen at Keystone when we went to the bathroom real quick. We ride with those little board locks now. Most snowboard theft seems to be the quick snatch style, and hopefully a small lock is enough of a deterrent.

I've let friends ride my boards, but never someone I didn't know at all. It's really never come up, but I bet I'd say no to a stranger.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My buddies new Bataleon Omni was stolen at Keystone when we went to the bathroom real quick. We ride with those little board locks now. Most snowboard theft seems to be the quick snatch style, and hopefully a small lock is enough of a deterrent.

I've let friends ride my boards, but never someone I didn't know at all. It's really never come up, but I bet I'd say no to a stranger.
I hate the thought of having to lock up my board, but someone had there's stolen off the rack here this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
My buddy bought his girlfriend a sweet Santa Cruz deck with Burton bindings, after coming out of the lodge they noticed her board was gone, his first instinct was to go to the parking lot and to scan all of the buses compartments and what do you know he found it, then he took it on the bus and asked “who’s board is this ?” And the idiot replied, so my buddy walked to the back off the bus a punched the POS in his mouth.

It would be great if that were the only time a theft happened but years ago an another friend had a board stolen out of his storage shed, weeks later we went up to Stevens Pass for some night riding and guess what we seen ? One of his neighbor punks riding the stolen board, so we took it from him at the top of the chair and watched him walk all the way back to the parking.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,395 Posts
What board inspired a custom build?
An Option Trinity. Can't remember the size... but remember well how from the moment stepping on that board (using Wraths unchanged angles), it felt as if it was built for me. Had huge fun charging with that board :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts