Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that anywhere I go, it works out like this: the better your "dress game," the more of an obnoxious douche you are. Like, the kids with Matching Burton jacket, pants, boots, bindings, goggles, and helmet are almost always total dickheads. Why?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kids dress like that because they're pro. Doing s turns like a beast, falling on jumps but saying they did a 360. Tearing up terrain to make everybody else's experience just wonderful!

^^In kids minds the fancier your clothes=the better you are, even though they are what I said above. I don't mind if you dress in fancy clothing, but unless you're doing 3's like taking a dump, you look like a prick to me.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
It's like douche code or something, so that all the douches know where all the other douches are on the mountain.
It's the same as affliction/ed hardy wearing douches in the bar :rolleyes:

Speaking of ed hardy, I saw an older lady in a hardy onesie at the hill this past weekend....really lady WTF were you thinking lol. I thought about snapping a pic but didn't want to seem like a creeper :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
So what's this I hear about matching? Say, if someone had Shaun White Jacket and boots and possibly his goggles and board? You know, just an example. Not really pertaining to anyone in particular.
Then he'd probably be rocking Affliction boxers :cheeky4:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, then let me re-phrase my original post; Why is it that so many kids who wear all matching shit act like total assholes? People ranging from agea 14-16, primarily.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
WTF is ed hardy and affliction? lol... I am going to google it so no need to answer but seriously I had not heard of it....

I match on the hill BTW, usually all black.... occationally I have a red coat and different pants..... I dont think Im a dickhead....

edit, after looking up pictures.... I have tattoos too.... lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, then let me re-phrase my original post; Why is it that so many kids who wear all matching shit act like total assholes? People ranging from agea 14-16, primarily.

They think it makes them look cool. It also draws attention, kids my age loveeee attention. If they spend $1,000 on clothes alone, that makes them good, right? :cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
I like it, when I was riding my bike around the other day I came by someone in a POS car talking smack about a fat dude riding his bike not being cool.... couldnt I afford a car...
The cool dude in the 1998 honda civic gets mad when his chick laughs at him after I tell him my bicycle cost a couple hundred more than his car and my other vehicle is a $50k truck I chose not to drive today.... I could care less about it all but he didnt have to say I was fat.... lol I think he had an affliction shirt on....

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm confused too! Why is that anyone wearing anything matching or Burton immediately scrutinized about their riding skill or perceived D-bag behavior. If they were wearing Carhartt overalls and a Walmart jacket would you even notice them? :dunno: It seems like a lot of threads dealing with "posers" on the mountain or wannabe rider douche bags always end up reverting into conversation about what people are wearing.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
If they were wearing Carhartt overalls and a Walmart jacket would you even notice them?
Not in the midwest they'd blend in with everyone else. But seriously, no you wouldn't notice them except to watch them faceplant. It's the kids who are all decked out in $800 worth of Travis Rice gear ripped straight out of last month's TWSnow or the too-cool-for-school skittles kids (who ironically don't "match" in the traditional sense) who are usually the douchebags blocking the trails, scrubbing the approach, throwing snowballs at strangers, snaking the park, dropping in out of turn, etc. And then - god forbid you call them out on it - they look at you like you're the asshole.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not in the midwest they'd blend in with everyone else. But seriously, no you wouldn't notice them except to watch them faceplant. It's the kids who are all decked out in $800 worth of Travis Rice gear ripped straight out of last month's TWSnow or the too-cool-for-school skittles kids (who ironically don't "match" in the traditional sense) who are usually the douchebags blocking the trails, scrubbing the approach, throwing snowballs at strangers, snaking the park, dropping in out of turn, etc. And then - god forbid you call them out on it - they look at you like you're the asshole.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. I'm not talking matching in the sense of all black clothes, but in the sense of neon yellow jacket, neon yellow pants, neon yellow boots, neon yellow bindings, and a neon yellow hat(I've actually seen this). What's cool about looking like a highlighter?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts