Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been invited to PC this weekend, and I don't have to decide until Thursday. How's the snow looking? Online forecast looks like a few inches expected over hardpack, but I don't want to make the trek out there if it's going to be all groomers. Any word? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we got 6 inches overnight and still snowing off and on through the weekend ... hope that weather meets your high end snow needs /snicker
The NOAA forecast calls for trace from here through the weekend though, correct?

Three UT trips in 2 years got me ice and hardpack. I can't do that any more.

·
Registered
500 Posts
conditions went from absolutely horrible to absolutely amazing in the span of three days here. over the weekend it was raining and disgusting. ruined all the snow. hasn't snowed in two weeks anyway. after the rain it got cold again and everything turned to solid ice all over the mtn. but last night and today it started dumping. today was an absolutely fantastic fucking dream of a day at snowbird. they reported 10 inches overnight and it was absolutely nuking all day long.

the park city resorts got about ten inches as well. but the avy danger is really bad now because the fresh snow is sitting on top of a solid sheet of ice.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
conditions went from absolutely horrible to absolutely amazing in the span of three days here. over the weekend it was raining and disgusting. ruined all the snow. hasn't snowed in two weeks anyway. after the rain it got cold again and everything turned to solid ice all over the mtn. but last night and today it started dumping. today was an absolutely fantastic fucking dream of a day at snowbird. they reported 10 inches overnight and it was absolutely nuking all day long.

the park city resorts got about ten inches as well. but the avy danger is really bad now because the fresh snow is sitting on top of a solid sheet of ice.
Ooooooh, hot damn!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
No all the rain helped out the surface hoar immensely. UAC was talking a couple days ago that the rain really strengthened the crust surface hoar from Jan 8 which was creating everything to slide. It pretty much reset our entire season for stability

1 - 8 of 8 Posts