Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm not surprised by this. Burton is a company. If they can flip boards by using an attractive marketing strategy directed at young girls (probably more directed at moms and dads trying to stoke their kids in snowboarding), then so be it. We're you just as shocked by Star Wars boards?

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Burton has always had deals with Disney. Started with toy story and star wars, now it looks like Marvel and Frozen. I'm assuming next year back to the new Star Wars.

Though I actually prefer the older monster top sheet that my son had on his chopper.

Of all of them Frozen seems actually sort of fitting. Don't really see an issue. Choppers are great little boards for small kids to start out on.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Whatever gets the kids boarding instead of skiing I'm all good with!

Celtek does Wu-tang, Dunkin Donuts and basketball. People wear jersey's over their jackets. Or how about the infamous banana suit, I see that thing at the mountain a lot.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
If Burton made a star wars snowboard for adults.... id buy that thing in a heartbeat.
It wouldn't surprise me. The only marketing machine bigger than Lucas is Disney, combine the two and the skies the limit. I mean ANA is theming 3 planes as Star Wars for some reason.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,380 Posts
If there'd be a "the last unicorn" snowboard I'd buy it!
K, if it'd come in a decent size, that is :laugh:
*sigh* favourite most seen movie... next to Alien and Alien vs. Predator... hmmm, I'd also get an "Alien" board... :dunno: ooooh... could I have an alienunicorn one?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
*sigh* favourite most seen movie... next to Alien and Alien vs. Predator... hmmm, I'd also get an "Alien" board... :dunno: ooooh... could I have an alienunicorn one?
Oh oh oh, Alien Alien Alien, please pretty please with cherry on top. Giger-themed boards. Enough said. Damn, if I believed in custom topsheets I'd put out my own line already.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If Burton does have a deal with Star Wars, they would be idiots if they don't make some boards with Star Wars graphics next season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts