Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Not quite reformed yet
Once you have given birth to the Abomination here..? You no longer have ANY control in how it grows & devolves. 馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
It would very well be that you have base burn. Which you need to get the base ground and re-waxed. First wax with a "base prep wax", then with your all-temp wax.
So I googled what "base burn" is. I ended up on an 8 year old forum addressing this guys white spots. The thread has almost identical responses as does this one. So many theories and possibilities why the white spots. So funny, I guess as long as there are snowboards and skiis, they'll be a white spot thread, lol.

Registered
I don't believe in base burn. I think you will find zero evidence that it actually exists other than people jumping to some sort of conclusion because they see white spots of extra wax appearing and don't know how it gets there.

Registered
I believe you, others have said the same thing in this thread. The curiosity is why is the white stuff still on my board 1.5 days on the hill. As I've stated, I'm over caring about a board devoid of excess wax. I'm ready to let the thread go off into the sunset, yet it lives on somehow, lol.
Sorry, just want to evangelize my lazy scraping philosophy!

I've had boards look like this as they get older, probably not this bad, but a base grind and restructure fix it for a while.

Registered
I don't believe in base burn. I think you will find zero evidence that it actually exists other than people jumping to some sort of conclusion because they see white spots of extra wax appearing and don't know how it gets there.
What if it looks like that and you've never waxed your board.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
What if it looks like that and you've never waxed your board.
IDK but I asked the guy that waxed my board( last season ) in a shop "How do I know when I need new wax?" His response was "when you start seeing white."
So...white is either too much wax or not enough wax. Did that help;)

In the case of my board the white came right after I applied the wax so I guess white can be too much or not enough, aaaghh.
I'm so over caring about the white on the bottom of my board. The board performed fine. If I learn to wax my board and not have white, great if not great as well.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts