Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Burton Process flying V 162 and saw the size chart that I should be using Large size bindings. I'm 6'1 190lb, w 10.5 boot, which on Large Burton bindings, has the toe straps basically clamped down to the bottom.

My question is, does the binding size on the Burton size chart really matter? Would it matter for me to size down to medium bindings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
burton custom or mission est. I know 10.5 will fit Med, but was curious if it matters that Burton's size chart specifies Large for the 162 and 159 sizes. I imagine it shouldnt.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes it is. With the Medium Burton i had more room to crank it down, but not enough wiggle room side to side . I really had too work my burton 10.5 boot into Medium binding in order to keep it in correctly.Where The Large now boot sets in just perfect. You can adjust the strap a hole or two so long as your centered .

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a similar question... I wanted to know if anyone has squeezed a size 10boot in a M select now binding... Size 10 according to there website has it on the boarder between the M & L ...I have a feeling that I've read somewhere that they tend to run on the smaller side... and being in-between sizes I would prefer going with the M size to reduce footprint, weight, & space between the boot and board.

Any knowledge would be awesome... and correct me if I'm wrong about sizing down if in-between sizes cause I've read else where that you should size up... hearing mixed ideas about it. I would like to know for certain and clear up my confusion... I do agree with going smaller when possible

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
This is why I pass on unibody bindings. I had the same problem with large Cartels and large Flux being too big. In the medium Flux I had to move the baseplate back to the heel edge as far as it would go to center the boot. If you're in between sizes they're don't provide an ideal fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts