Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy some insoles for my boots.

I have flat feet and was lookin for a little more comfort and support.
A lot of choices and choices within choices so I just wanted to get some input.

From what I've seen Superfeet is the most popular company. Or which company do you like? Custom or cut to size?
Are custom shop cut and molded beds worth the big price tag.
Will you get more edge control with some of these stiffer custom beds and can you hike comfortably in the stiff beds that claim to give you more edge control.

Any way please let me know what you've had success with.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I like my Reminds, need a couple more pairs, been wearing these Medics for a few months already, they're great. Also have flat feet, will probably be going to full orthos soon, gettin older and my feet are just fucked.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like my Reminds, need a couple more pairs, been wearing these Medics for a few months already, they're great. Also have flat feet, will probably be going to full orthos soon, gettin older and my feet are just fucked.
I'll have to look into those brands
I have expensive custom mold full ortho's for my shoes but they are unfortunately the hard plastic type and I have been told those type don't work in ski/board boots very well. So I thought I'd try the next best thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have found Cadence insoles to work best for me. I have used every insole on the market and they seem to have the best combination of support and cushion out there. You can trim the toe if needed but I didn't have to. I'm an 11 and the size 11/12 worked great for me. They make my shoes and boots fit much better, much more of a custom fit feel. Cadence10 is a coupon code I used on their website for a discount. Definitely worth a try! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sole EVs are what i use. superfeet are worthless for my feet. shredsoles is another company
Superfeet are cool ... if you like insoles that feel like concrete.

I stepped on some Sole EV's at REI. I need to go get a pair. They feel like you're stepping on tits ... natural ones.

Remind Cush is another one I've been eyeing.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found Cadence insoles to work best for me. I have used every insole on the market and they seem to have the best combination of support and cushion out there. You can trim the toe if needed but I didn't have to. I'm an 11 and the size 11/12 worked great for me. They make my shoes and boots fit much better, much more of a custom fit feel. Cadence10 is a coupon code I used on their website for a discount. Definitely worth a try! Good luck.
These say they are all in one high arch insole, I have flat feet

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbsup:

I stepped on some Sole EV's at REI. I need to go get a pair. They feel like you're stepping on tits ... natural ones.

I will definitely have to look at the Sole's, Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I looked at the sole's but couldn't find "EV" which model is this

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ed visteur
OK, and those are the high volume ones. If I go with Superfeet's recommendation I guess I should go with the CD's cause they're low volume which superfeet claims are easier on people with flat feet.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Superfeet recommends that because their insoles are hard and rigid.

Sole EV is heat moldable. So I would think, and I'm just guessing, you heat them up per the instructions and they will mold to your flat feet

Signature DK is another one if you are concerned

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have Reminds and like them a lot. They are self-forming and don't take up a lot of space. So they could work for you.

·
Registered
922 Posts
yea, whats a solid insole for someone with really FLAT, LOW arches and WIDE feet? my foots are murdering my feet

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yea, whats a solid insole for someone with really FLAT, LOW arches and WIDE feet? my foots are murdering my feet
Sole EVs or DKs. Since they are heat moldeable you can really flatten out the arch. Pick the ones that are similar volume to your stock insoles if the boots already fit well. I like to mold them twice to really get them to fit right. I also trim a hair off the edges near sides to allow additional room for my wide feet

·
Registered
922 Posts
thanks man, just out of curiosity, if you ever get a chance id love to see what you mean by trimming the sides.i mean, i get it, but id like to see how much..also, do you find that the insoles help even if your boot liner is already packed out as far as it's going and is too narrow?

·
Registered
922 Posts
try getting a small heel lift done at a local shop, and the boots should pack out some..i did a heel lift in boots that were 1/2 size small and it made them bearable

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What should I go with if my boots are a little tight? Not unbearably so. Not to thread highjack. I've got narrow feet but normal arches.
From what I've been reading it sounds like since you have a tight boot you want a low volume insole so it wont take up too much room.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.