1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this been done?
Nothing popped-up on search.

Since off season's approaching,
thought this might be a fun way to stay connected.
(and I wanna see what you are eating)

Mine's @nutmegchoi.
I normally post some selfies, snow for the Winter, motorcycle, car, running, food, water, scenery for Sprig-Fall.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
We stay in touch on here in the off season rehashing the same old snowboarding is dying and Mervin and NS hate threads. Oh and getting ourselves worked into a frenzy when the NZ people post their videos.

The Summers are a real hoot around here.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Agreed I'll be here all summer as well. Maybe try to get some surfing footage on here or something who knows... but since I got a new phone yesterday I'll bite, I posted a few old things on instagram today @scubaguy2 I go on posting sprees and then forget it exists for sometimes but sometimes my life is interesting sometimes

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed I'll be here all summer as well. Maybe try to get some surfing footage on here or something who knows... but since I got a new phone yesterday I'll bite, I posted a few old things on instagram today @scubaguy2 I go on posting sprees and then forget it exists for sometimes but sometimes my life is interesting sometimes
Surfing??
Where would you surf around here???

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
I just followed you. I rarely post on instagram, maybe once a month tops, I use Facebook more than anything. I don't post on there too much either but probably a few times a week with pictures, never anything about politics, hate for family, abortion or religion. Having grown up before the social media BS I just don't see why people post some of the shit they do. I taught my kids not to ever post shit like that either. Keep personal stuff to yourself and to actual words between friends.

I do look at instagram pictures all the time and like other people's stuff. During the week I'm off Monday through Friday so if I'm not riding and the family is at work and school I'm just chilling. Hell, at work if no one is dieing and in need of saving I'm just chilling.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just followed you. I rarely post on instagram, maybe once a month tops, I use Facebook more than anything. I don't post on there too much either but probably a few times a week with pictures, never anything about politics, hate for family, abortion or religion. Having grown up before the social media BS I just don't see why people post some of the shit they do. I taught my kids not to ever post shit like that either. Keep personal stuff to yourself and to actual words between friends.

I do look at instagram pictures all the time and like other people's stuff. During the week I'm off Monday through Friday so if I'm not riding and the family is at work and school I'm just chilling. Hell, at work if no one is dieing and in need of saving I'm just chilling.
Of course I left my phone at home, so I'll check later today. :grin:

I totally agree.
Unless you are looking for an argument or drama, why would you start something like that?
If I must say something, I say it in person to someone I need to address.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Surfing??
Where would you surf around here???
I usually go out right around 8th ave in Asbury Park NJ. Really anywhere Jersey Shore its nothing fancy you got to be persistent to get a real good day but we do get them and I'm the kind of guy that doesn't really care about conditions, kind of like snowboarding I go whenever I can and if I get good conditions its a bonus

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually go out right around 8th ave in Asbury Park NJ. Really anywhere Jersey Shore its nothing fancy you got to be persistent to get a real good day but we do get them and I'm the kind of guy that doesn't really care about conditions, kind of like snowboarding I go whenever I can and if I get good conditions its a bonus
So you ride a longboard or funshape?
I tried couple times at Rockaway.
But for the effort(takes about an hour to get there), fruit wasn't sweet enough.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
So you ride a longboard or funshape?
I tried couple times at Rockaway.
But for the effort(takes about an hour to get there), fruit wasn't sweet enough.
Al Merrick Waterhog 7' 6" so it's in the funshape range. They bill it as a high performance Funboard. I just like it because its easy enough to catch waves but fast enough to give you that adrenaline rush... Snowboarding is my main thing but my whole family is in the Asbury Park area so I use it to pass time between snowboarding seasons really. Use to Scuba Dive every weekend really early in the morning (hence the insta name) but my Fiancee is not a fan of Jersey Diving so found a different way to use my time I guess

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Al Merrick Waterhog 7' 6" so it's in the funshape range. They bill it as a high performance Funboard. I just like it because its easy enough to catch waves but fast enough to give you that adrenaline rush... Snowboarding is my main thing but my whole family is in the Asbury Park area so I use it to pass time between snowboarding seasons really. Use to Scuba Dive every weekend really early in the morning (hence the insta name) but my Fiancee is not a fan of Jersey Diving so found a different way to use my time I guess
I was looking into funshape until I saw Rockaway.
Then I looked into Kitesurfing and that was WAY too time consuming as well.
Now I just do SUPing or Kayaking on the Hudson or Long Island Sound during the summer.

I took some Scuba lessons in the city (at PS swimming pool).
There are spots in Brooklyn or Dutch Springs.
But neither seemed appealing to me. :frown:

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I was looking into funshape until I saw Rockaway.
Then I looked into Kitesurfing and that was WAY too time consuming as well.
Now I just do SUPing or Kayaking on the Hudson or Long Island Sound during the summer.

I took some Scuba lessons in the city (at PS swimming pool).
There are spots in Brooklyn or Dutch Springs.
But neither seemed appealing to me. :frown:
Taught at Dutch Springs for a few years. Been going there for quite some time its a fun place to work on skills and there is not many other places on earth that you can see a helicopter or school bus underwater that's for sure but yeah its not for everyone.

Some good wreck diving off of Jersey though if you can bear with the Shitty Vis and Cold temps. Never was any good at anything with a paddle other then Ping Pong lol, I was in a canoe race once and came in last I have some mental block that keeps me going in circles :facepalm2:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Opunui1 is mines. Beautiful pictures of Hawaii and my other hobbies..hot rods, custom bikes and surfing. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It's gonna be 70F here today. :embarrased1:
yeah, the weather is not the way it used to be....

I think 2005 was the last year we got a multi-foot snow storm down here and it used to happen once, if not more than that, a season...

But, the forum remains active throughout the summer if that makes you feel better..

·
The Swiss Miss
7,035 Posts
The thread title made me hope to find an answer on what exactly instagram is (and btw why) only to find out, that that wasn't the question...
Aww.. the feeling of getting old hits in...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts