Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heys, whats up.

Last year we launched Instinctive Brand and we our gearing up for our next big season. What is Instinctive Brand you say? Great question.

Instinctive Brand specializes in performance base layer for snowboarders and freestyle skiers. We are looking for any help, to spread the good word about our brand.

How do you guys feel about base layer for boarding in general? What do you use?

Check out our site, and give us some feedback.

If you know any pro boarders looking for base layer sponsorship give me a message.

Sincerely

Mr. Instinctive

Base Layer | Snowboarding, Skiing | Instinctive Brand

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
To be fair, you have nothing new that can't already be bought probably cheaper and for an unknown brand, that no one has heard of, well...

As an example, i live in Norway, we want proven brands that people know and will recommend, if it hasn't been tried by someone you know you don't buy it, really that simple, especially as we have temps down to -30 regularly...!!!

But PM for details to send some gear to me to try... Then i can tell my mates... And they might buy some... :D

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Two posts and calling people trolls. Let me lay something on you here buddy.

Your ABOUT US page is riddled with typo's and punctuation problems. Real professional buddy there's a huge difference between Chile (A country) and chilli (a bowl of food you eat). Also it reads like a horribly written look at me blog post from a 20 something twat than a business. Would I look further than here to reach out and talk to you about your product? Probably not as it sucks.

On to the apparel line.
I do like the epic tee but as I refuse to wear shirts from brands I don't support no reason to buy it plus as mentioned before there is a fine line between a Unicorn and Pegasus you have crossed them and not in a good way.

The Peak T shirt is a rip off of the Jones logo. Lame and as you're not some brand that is in a position to rip people off you come across as unimaginative and unoriginal.

Your beanies look super small almost like a yamaka.

Hoodie well that's just too easy. Nothing special here folks.

On to the accessories. Just stop with the face masks there's plenty of other brands doing it you're trying to be a base layer company not a face mask. Wallet looks cheap. That backpack is a typical OEM pack that my guess is from some factory in the orient.

Now on to the meat and potatoes of your company the base layers. There is nothing here to separate you from Under Armour, Polarmax, or any of the other brands doing base layers. The cost is actually higher than others which will hurt you. Add to that the fact it looks like you can't get your dick out that one piece to piss which could pose a problem.

Here we find ourselves at branding. The spaceman idea has been done. Does anyone remember when Grenade did it 2 or 3 seasons ago? Pretty sure Volcom has done it as well. I also think Capita may have had something with it in there at one point. The space theme is done and over with. No one cares about your precious Stan and his love of your Aunts Chile (not to be confused with chilli).

Lets take a look at your marketing since it seems to be non-existent. Is coming on a snowboarding forum where you've contributed nothing where you think you'll make your in roads to the market? Because right now you've just made yourself look like a schill to your brand, offended a senior member, and offered nothing to anyone else. Who is your demographic, why would they buy your product over someone else, what is your niche, how do you support snowboarding, these are the questions you need to be asking yourself.

As it stands would I even remotely be interested in reaching out to you to promote your brand? Not really you're just another after thought me too brand that hasn't put any effort into having a feasible marketing campaign.

I give your company a D- and don't foresee you being here in another year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apologize if I offended anyone, it was not my intent. It was supposed to be a sarcastic remark, but it is difficult to read meaning over the internet.

Thank for the feedback, as negative as it is.

I hope to bring more to this forum, and make a better second impression.

Mr. Instinctive.

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Jeez you sounded like a jewish mom there for a second. :D
However, Shred and BA are leading authorities in the areas of Unicorns and Pegasuses, respectively.

OP: Something I found off-putting in your About Us page was all the Stan talk. Having inspiration or a muse is one thing but imaginary friends become less-adorable-more-disturbing past single-digit age. I'd pare that down quite a bit if you want to be taken seriously.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
God, this was a hilarious thread.

Am I the only one who didn't see a dick flap or poop shoot on the base layer suit. If you're going to take Jones' designs for Ts, you should also take some designs from Airblaster for your base layer suits. Seriously you need to take off the rest of your gear to drop the kids off at the pool or make lemon snow.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
You guys are dumb its like a wetsuit you just pee and it makes you warmer, feels great.

Also lots of unusual and unoffensive jewish comments in this thread, which I simply want to note for the sake of refreshment. I think its "yarmulke" btw, while I learned here that "yamaka" is actually part of cannonized buddhist scriptures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
gear looks good tbh lack of a Piss flap is not a good thing tho but I do love the spaceman!

the hoodies look good and I like the simple i logo on them, I don't really get all the negativity tbh the guy is just trying to make a living and you guys hammer him for it yeah maybe he should try and contribute to the forum as well but he is in business as well!

no doubt I will be shot down in flames by some of you but tbh I don't give a fuck if somthing looks good then fairplay to the guy for getting his name and brand out there!

maybe its the best gear out there out maybe its shit but unless you try it you ain't ever going to know so why not chill the fuck out!

as I tell my kids if you ain't nothing nice to say then don't say it!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the feedback guys, the piss flap issues has been corrected and our second model will not have that issue for the upcoming season.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, the piss flap issues has been corrected and our second model will not have that issue for the upcoming season.
Now that you've been properly welcomed to the forum :laugh:, my thoughts:

I like the look/features of the baselayer (man-bulge notwithstanding). I wear Under Armour Coldgear as my baselayer and would be curious how yours compares. I like the compression fit.
Yes, a pee hole on the onesie is necessary, but not necessary on the pants.

I don't wear cotton t-shirts or hoodies, so no opinion on those.
Like the beanies.
Face mask is okay.
Wallet? Whatever.
Quite like the backpack! A carry handle on top would be helpful, in addition to the option of carrying by the shoulder straps. Different colours would be good, but I understand you gotta start with black.

The logo.
Yah, the spaceman has been done and imo doesn't really work. The spaceman on the unicorn/pegasus is just way too busy.
With a name like "Instinctive", I would think an image of an aggressive animal native to snow conditions charging down a mountain would be an excellent logo (dare I say "Snowolf"?:laugh: Regular forum members will understand that reference), to tie in with an aggressive riding snowboarder. Just a suggestion.

Anyway. as others have said, there is nothing really new here, but if you think you can make a go of it, best of luck!

BTW, I live in Toronto and ride MSLM and Blue Mountain. If you want to meet up, I'd be happy to check out your baselayer and give my opinion.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Also, I don't understand your sizing grid for the base layer top.
I usually wear a large size in a top, but I'm notably bigger than the 18 inches your grid specifies.
????

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
gear looks good tbh lack of a Piss flap is not a good thing tho but I do love the spaceman!

the hoodies look good and I like the simple i logo on them, I don't really get all the negativity tbh the guy is just trying to make a living and you guys hammer him for it yeah maybe he should try and contribute to the forum as well but he is in business as well!

no doubt I will be shot down in flames by some of you but tbh I don't give a fuck if somthing looks good then fairplay to the guy for getting his name and brand out there!

maybe its the best gear out there out maybe its shit but unless you try it you ain't ever going to know so why not chill the fuck out!

as I tell my kids if you ain't nothing nice to day then don't say it!:D
You have 33 posts which means you haven't been around long enough to understand why people here do what they do.

It's a community you either add to it or you don't. This guy doesn't. He's taking without giving. It would be like me moving in next door seeing you're having a bbq showing up eating your food, drinking your beer, fucking your wife then going home without bringing a dish to pass.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts