Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys looking for a Intermediate - Advanced board. Looking to stay under $350 or so for it. Ive look at some 2013 Burton joysticks and super hero. Not sure if I need wide or a midwide. Also not set on a length either. 163? Anyone have some suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it! A little info:

200-210LBS
6'1"
12 Boot
All Mountain- I enjoy the whole Mountain about %70 terrain %30 Park.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Hi Chris,

Under $350 will buy you most anything from the previous season. To narrow it down a bit, what type of riding do you do? Where do ride?

STOKED!
this this this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do eveything really. Not too comfortable in the park but will be working on that this year. im in ohio so I ride alot of man made powder that turns into hard packed/ ice so I was leaning to the gnu carbon credit because I hear they do well on ice. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ment 162w. Anyhow. The board says it is a standard hole configuration. Is 4x4 or 4x2 standard? Do you have any recommendations on bindings for my type of riding/board?

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
I ment 162w. Anyhow. The board says it is a standard hole configuration. Is 4x4 or 4x2 standard? Do you have any recommendations on bindings for my type of riding/board?
Hi Chris,

You certainly could ride either size but as you are riding on smaller mountains and are looking to start picking up park skills the 159 will be a lot more fun. There are a lot of amazing bindings on the market. For conventional it is hard to beat the Rome 390 Boss. You will (of course) want L/XL.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do eveything really. Not too comfortable in the park but will be working on that this year. im in ohio so I ride alot of man made powder that turns into hard packed/ ice so I was leaning to the gnu carbon credit because I hear they do well on ice. thanks for the help!
I would think that the Yes. Basic would also be a pretty good board for you.. Nice deal on dogfunk right now on a 159 wide...
Yes. Basic CamRock Snowboard - Wide | Dogfunk.com

Also haven't ever heard anyone ever say anything bad about the Ride Machete board, also a pretty good price, from evo.com
Ride Machete Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet

Good Luck!

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! I just picked picked up the GNU carbon credit! Looking at the rome 390 boss. Not too sure on bindings yet. Thanks again for all the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts