Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in ohio and ride at bmbw and mad river. Spend about 3 weeks up in JHole every season along with a couple weeks in summit county. I'd love to meet up with some other members and ride sometime.
:)

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the forum.

I recommend you read more than you post for the first stretch.
Get to know the tone of the forum and some of the personalities.
Some noobs have had a harsh initiation.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm also in Ohio (Columbus) and ride MRM. Welcome to the Forum, I've found it to be very helpful. Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the forum.

I recommend you read more than you post for the first stretch.
Get to know the tone of the forum and some of the personalities.
Some noobs have had a harsh initiation.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Used to lurk the forums a while back so i know the general feel but it may have changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also in Ohio (Columbus) and ride MRM. Welcome to the Forum, I've found it to be very helpful. Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.
Ya i did not expect it to be very busy in the middle of summer lol. MRM had a sick park this year and overall was a lot more enjoyable that bmbw.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.
Depends on your point of view. Discussions are not as technical or helpful, but are definitely hilarious.

Instead of being helpful or showing pics/videos of sweet runs or some bc, people are more jaded and bigger assholes (essentially we need snow bad). For example people like BA or Shredlife will probably talk shit to you or ask you for free gear in exchange for a limited temporary friendship, others like Backstop may post pictures of girls in yoga pant on a post you started, despite it not having anything to do with your thread, and don't get me started on the douche of Rossi...

Side-note - BA, Shredlife, & Backstop never change. Rossi just die.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome! BMBW rider here as well, live about 20 minutes away so I'm there often. I think there's a few more people here that ride there as well.

Just don't take stuff too seriously here, good group of people all in all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Everyone!

My name is Peterson and I am new to this panel. I like to discuss with different peoples and found this forum very rare. I just want to say thanks to the Admin for accepting me here. I hope to spend a good time with all of you. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Depends on your point of view. Discussions are not as technical or helpful, but are definitely hilarious.

Instead of being helpful or showing pics/videos of sweet runs or some bc, people are more jaded and bigger assholes (essentially we need snow bad). For example people like BA or Shredlife will probably talk shit to you or ask you for free gear in exchange for a limited temporary friendship, others like Backstop may post pictures of girls in yoga pant on a post you started, despite it not having anything to do with your thread, and don't get me started on the douche of Rossi...

Side-note - BA, Shredlife, & Backstop never change. Rossi just die.
i only post yoga pant pics to troll the trolls...:D:D

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Gnarnia
welcome tons of good info on here and yes the occasional entertainment.

I was visiting my brother in Cinnci and we drove past a ski area just north of the Ohio river I think it was off I-74? I couldn't believe there was a hill around there. I didn't think you guys got that much snow down there. Was this the same hill that you ride.

Anyways welcome and you too Peterson

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome all.

Garnia, when is your trip planned for JHole this year? I will be there for a week or two this year in early to mid March.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts