Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

3481 - 3500 of 3537 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Name is Trent from Boise, ID. I joined years ago but hadn't been on much until this year when my wife transitioned to boarding from skiing. I appreciate the really great resource that this forum is.

I have been boarding for 20 years and go about 25-30 days a year, trying to never miss a powder day (especially mid-week). Mostly go to local mountains Bogus and Brundage. My current quiver is a '18 Never Summer Chairman 160 and a '17 Nitro Nuat. The wife already has more than me with a '19 Never Summer Maverix 150LT, '18 Nitro Treehugger, and a '11 NS Lotus 154.

Cheers,

Trent

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old Surfer

Chris, British, living in Tallinn, 62 this year.
Starting up again after a 10 year break as my two boys are now showing an interest in skiing and snowboarding.
Had an Original Sin Team 166, which was stiff and trad camber for 15 years.
Just upgraded to a Rossi XV and am loving it. Amazing what happened to board tech when you stop looking for a decade.
Didn’t get much of a chance to use my new board this season as I bought it cheap in an end of season sale.
Looking forward to next year with a passion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats up every one

I have been riding for since I was a wee lad.

Mostly grew up riding in the backcountry at my parents house.

Figured out that Hiking sucks and tried to earn money for a pass every year.

Steep and deep is my favorite kind snowboarding.

This year I had a pass to Solitude in Utah. EPIC winter this year for Utah.

Pumped to learn and share good times here.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hello! I'm 25 years old. Live in NYC. I've been boarding for 2 seasons now. I would say I'm a pretty good intermediate since I go out west (Snowbird) to ride and have taken numerous lessons there. I love backcountry / free riding.

Anyone who's the same level (slightly less good or better is good also) and goes to Utah/Snowbird. Let's ride together!! I love the pow!! I'm just in love with Snowboarding :)

Deuces

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey All,

Will from Australia.
Following the commandment of Lord Avran, I have thrown down my ski poles and repented.
First got on a crappy rental board in the early 90s, during a bad ski season. Revisiting the sport (with much better boards and technology) .
hoping to get a few days in this southern winter, then take a trip to Japan in 19/20 season... or Canada, whichever.

Also taking up skateboarding, a creaky middle-aged dude rolling around on mellow pavement with full pads and helmet. :rofl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey hey, Ceder from Sweden here. Been riding since early 90´s (I am getting old)

Just got back to riding after some 10 years hiatus (kids and such) and just got me some new gear last winter

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here

Hey!
My name is Pat and I'm 30 years old from Toronto, Canada. I've been riding for about 5 years. For the first few years sparsely but now I now try to get out every other weekend in the winter and then out for a big trip once a year with my friends. I guess you could call me intermediate. I've been trying to get more into the parks with jumps and boxes and love back country. My husband and I met and bonded through snowboarding- he's South African and decided to try it out the second he landed on Canadian soil and saw snow on a mountain. I currently ride a 2015 Arbor Cadence with Rome Madison boss bindings. My husband got me the 2019 CAPITA Birds of a Feather for my 30th birthday at the end of March and I'm stoked to try it out since I've been on a slightly too long for me rocker since I first started.

Actually I came to this forum to hopefully get some advice on a new pair of bindings I wanted to get. I didn't want to go crazy over budget so was deciding between the Union Juliet 2019 bindings and the Nitro Cosmic 2020 bindings. I wanted a new pair that had a bit of canting in them and I've been scouring the net for reviews. So far I'm torn between the two. Anyone have experience riding them that could chime in?

Much appreciated and thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guy

Newbie from Australia!! I got introduced to falling down (a lot) on the snow with a board strapped to my feet 2 years ago. This year I went out and bought my own board, so far have done 14 days on the mountain and now I'm complete hooked!!!

Cheers

Mrbluu

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guy

Newbie from Australia!! I got introduced to falling down (a lot) on the snow with a board strapped to my feet 2 years ago. This year I went out and bought my own board, so far have done 14 days on the mountain and now I'm complete hooked!!!

Cheers

Mrbluu

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Also from Australia, what resort do you go to? Super stoked for you to own your own board, gotta keep coming back again and again now haha :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also from Australia, what resort do you go to? Super stoked for you to own your own board, gotta keep coming back again and again now haha :wink:
We do both Perisher a d Thredbo. As a boarder I prefer Thredbo cos it has longer runs and better pubs . Perisher can be less busy cos there is more room to spread out.

Already trying to organise next year's trips and would love to do Japan or North America in 2021 .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from the UK!

I have been a keen snowboarder from a young age, along with my husband and been to Val Thorens, France every year for as long as I remember.

Just wondering if their are any other UK snowboarders in this forum and wondering which is the best indoor ski slope in the UK? My youngest is old enough to start lessons and I have heard of a few places in the UK for snowboard lessons including Chill Factore or is it worth travelling to Scotland and using the real snow?

Heard of some good things about Chill Factore - instructors really calm.

- @Lyn have you ever been to an indoor ski slope in the UK? If so which one is the best? Open to recommendations!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi from the UK!

I have been a keen snowboarder from a young age, along with my husband and been to Val Thorens, France every year for as long as I remember.

Just wondering if their are any other UK snowboarders in this forum and wondering which is the best indoor ski slope in the UK? My youngest is old enough to start lessons and I have heard of a few places in the UK for snowboard lessons including Chill Factore or is it worth travelling to Scotland and using the real snow?

Heard of some good things about Chill Factore - instructors really calm.

- @Lyn have you ever been to an indoor ski slope in the UK? If so which one is the best? Open to recommendations!
We don't have any indoor ski slopes where I live, and I'd love to try out some European slopes one day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm a Spaniard in my mid-thirties; have been riding since my teens (Pyrenees) but went through a prolonged hiatus that put a stop to my progression.

Now relocated to Switzerland, in the last years I've rediscovered the fun of riding while exploring the Swiss and Austrian Alps -- trying to get as many days per season as my parental duties will allow...

Joined the forum after reading through numerous gear threads, looking forward to joining the discussion!

Best to all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, I m 40 years old living in Istanbul, Turkey. I just started snowboarding last season with one of my friend. Since then, I ve been asking myself why I am so late to meet this amazing activity. Any way.

I just rented all equipments last season and of course I had several different problems each time. Actually I had no idea about type of board, bindings, boots, stance angles etc. however, I have got my all equipment this year and will go on with mines next time.

I hope we can share lots of info here and I m very proud to be member of this forum. Thanks. see u around.

3481 - 3500 of 3537 Posts