Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

3521 - 3537 of 3537 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Introducing myself

Jay, 36 years old, boarder since 9 years, live in Paris France

Riding spot : Montgenevre FR, Claviere IT

Actually rinding on a Jones Mountain Twin 162 2016 with SP Bindings Slab One 2018

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am 45 years old and living in the French Alps. My wife and I moved here a few years ago so that we could spend more time riding in the mountains :).
This is a great forum - full of helpful information and entertaining too ... I wish that I had discovered it years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is AJ Lawson and I'm originally from West Virginia. I now live in Denver, Colorado. I ride mostly park and street but really enjoy getting into the backcountry when I can. I'm stoked to find this community. Mahalo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm Rosie, I'm 20 and go snowboarding as much as possible (whenever I can escape rainy Britain) I came onto this forum mainly to recruit participants for my dissertation however would love to join a larger community of snowboarders in the UK.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
I'm Rosie, I'm 20 and go snowboarding as much as possible (whenever I can escape rainy Britain) I came onto this forum mainly to recruit participants for my dissertation however would love to join a larger community of snowboarders in the UK.
Welcome! Just be fore warned if you want to survey...we need a video..see link below

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi! I have seen and I did post it already (apologies) and received quite a welcoming response to it! I have an information sheet for the study which contains a lot more detail than I could probably give in a video and provides a wider insight into the basis of my dissertation! Essentially it’s on risk taking within and around extreme sport, I have contacted one of the main admins (or at least the one that posted about surveys) about advertising it on this forum and I’m hoping you’ll welcome me and find my study interesting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. I've been lurking on here for a while now. Thinking about getting a new board in the not too distant future so want to introduce myself before posting any questions.
I live in London - we don't get much snow here so I rely on annual trips to the French Alps. More recently been taking a second trip to Italy with the family. Hopefully next season can squeeze in a third trip somewhere.
I've got around 40 days experience and consider myself a progressing intermediate (the beginner days are comfortably behind me but still so much to learn!).
Currently riding a Yes Basic with Union Contacts (but just picked up some Cartels in the sales - one eye on improving responsiveness, the other on upgrading the board)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all! I joined recently and I have started getting back into snowboarding after about a 12 year absence since my daughters have started to ski. I am 42 years old and live in southeast Pennsylvania. I am looking to upgrade my board, boots and bindings, as I am using my old equipment from about 1197, which consists of a Burton Twin 56, Burton freestyle bindings (2017 model since my old ones broke) and Burton ruler boots. I think that most of my equipment is pretty outdated now, so that is mostly why I joined, to get equipment suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! I'm Brian from Boston, MA. Snowboarding about 5 years and getting comfortable enough I want to start wasting a lot of money on it. I read this board occasionally, and decided to take the plunge and sign up and devote more free time to internet message boards because no one ever regrets that...

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
Hi! I'm Brian from Boston, MA. Snowboarding about 5 years and getting comfortable enough I want to start wasting a lot of money on it. I read this board occasionally, and decided to take the plunge and sign up and devote more free time to internet message boards because no one ever regrets that...
Also you get extremely educated and unbiased opinions from message boards. :LOL:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm Joshua and I'm 23 Years Old #Aquarius. I'm from Miami, Florida and moved to California last year and never considered snowboarding until I happen to realize I can snowboard here. I was extremely homesick and found it impossible to choose between living in Florida or Cali.... But I have a new Dream and that's Snowboarding. I'm addicted and I haven't even started yet! I can't wait to get some gear ASAP and start shredding down all the mountains of the world.
P.S I need Snowboarding friends because I have 0. If you ski we can still be friends
My Local Mountain Is Big Bear.. I'm currently in Riverside. Lets make 2020-2021 a brand new adventure.
Also want to Vlog snowboarding too

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm Joshua and I'm 23 Years Old #Aquarius. I'm from Miami, Florida and moved to California last year and never considered snowboarding until I happen to realize I can snowboard here. I was extremely homesick and found it impossible to choose between living in Florida or Cali.... But I have a new Dream and that's Snowboarding. I'm addicted and I haven't even started yet! I can't wait to get some gear ASAP and start shredding down all the mountains of the world.
P.S I need Snowboarding friends because I have 0. If you ski we can still be friends
My Local Mountain Is Big Bear.. I'm currently in Riverside. Lets make 2020-2021 a brand new adventure.
Also want to Vlog snowboarding too
Man, everything was sounding good for a new snowboard buddy but then you said Aquarius... I simply cannot ride with an Aquarius.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone! Snowboarding is one of my favorite things to do, but I sadly don't get to do it very often. I live in New Jersey, USA. I spent my first years snowboarding in Pennsylvania, then moved on down. So, I don't see a lot of snow.

3521 - 3537 of 3537 Posts