Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi.

I´m Eivind, 36 years old and from Norway. Been snowboarding for 26 years now, damn.. I´m getting old. Started snowboarding on a piece of shit C.P.U board and from there on I´ve ridden mostly Burton, Forum and Jones.
Aaaaand recently started collecting old boards.

Yep, I guess that's me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I’m JP
39 yo
from Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
Snowboard Patroller

I ride;
- my old rock eater Liquid Range 156 with Burton Malavita bindings
-my park & jib DC Tone 157W with Burton Step on (black)
-my all mountain + powder Burton flight Attendant 162W with Burton Step on (green)

Been riding for 27 years.

See ya on the mountain !

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here! Been lurking for a while but decided to join finally. Here are some fun facts about me:

• 33yo
  • Started snowboarding at age 12
  • Had a couple of years off due to health issues but getting back to it again for this season
  • Finland
  • All-mountain/freestyle
  • Enjoy being outdoors
  • Love this forum

Here's me being desperate waiting for snow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi hi! I'm Kricket, 35yo, originally from Mississippi but transplanted to Minnesota last year! I've always wanted to snowboard but never had the time or money to travel anywhere that I could learn. Now that I'm living where it snows properly, IT IS FINALLY TIME! 😁 I inherited a Salomon board from a neighbor, it already has bindings but I've gotta get some boots and gear. Any help/tips/info on riding for a beginner and where to get good gear for cheap (single mom, limited income) would be awesome!! 💙

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hi hi! I'm Kricket, 35yo, originally from Mississippi but transplanted to Minnesota last year! I've always wanted to snowboard but never had the time or money to travel anywhere that I could learn. Now that I'm living where it snows properly, IT IS FINALLY TIME! I inherited a Salomon board from a neighbor, it already has bindings but I've gotta get some boots and gear. Any help/tips/info on riding for a beginner and where to get good gear for cheap (single mom, limited income) would be awesome!!
Tips for a beginner? Don't get disheartened, the first 5-15 days are usually pretty unpleasant. Don't let others push you too far out of your comfort zone at first - confidence is a huge part of riding well, build it gradually. On that note get more weight on your front foot. No more.

Welcome to snowboarding. It's brilliant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi :)
a new member from Switzerland ^^

36yo, and I started snowboarding 2 years ago! Yes it was quite hard at the beginning (especially when you're taking a course with... only kids/teenagers ;s), but now I know it's what I want :)
I'm an advanced beginner (or a beginner intermediate haha).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey y’all, I’m from the Netherlands and snowboarding in our local fridges (which are possibly about to close for a whole month). Me and my friend started around 3 months ago with occasional riding before but we got the bug now and can’t stop. Had our first freestyle lesson yesterday and it was a lotta fun. Can’t wait to actually land 180s nicely and for the slopes to open up again in nearby countries ✌
And I’m 28, my job is not related to any sports but hopefully soon I can arrange being more free in my travels (goodbye Netherlands for a month or so haha)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have been tasked with installing a beginner to easy intermediate Terrain park, could you all link me to some good feature building threads? Specifically box and rail construction and top favorite, must have beginner features.

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts