Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2226458 Views 3662 Replies 1810 Participants Last post by  Laguna Freak
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D
3641 - 3660 of 3663 Posts

· Registered
Burton Custom '21, Name Dropper '21, Nidecker Supermatic, Burton Genesis, Flow NX2, Adidas Acerra
114 Posts
Hi, I'm a long-time lurker, and made an account to respond to an interesting post, but can't find the post now =S, so might as well introduce myself.

I live on the icy east coast with Hunter being my main mountain last year. Was able to hit ~40 days on snow last season and hopeful to go even more this year. Bummed that Adidas is no longer making boots as Acerra was perfect for me. Stoked that I was able to get the new Nidecker Supermatic binding & can't wait to try them out!

Really excited for this upcoming season!! See you guys out there on the slopes. =D

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi all
Im a total newbie and this would be my first season, living in London uk not the easiest or most convenient hobby to take up

however have taken 5 sets of (2hour) lessons at an indoor snow slope along with about 8 hours of independent shredding

hyped to get to the mountains on the continent in a couple months

· Registered
26 Posts
Hey dudes, I'm 36 and live in Idaho, but grew up in Oregon and have lived (and boarded) in Europe and New Zealand. I've been snowboarding on and off for 24 years, and there were some gaps in there due to life stuff. I love deep diving into weird obscurities and "back in my day" BS. I also worked in the board industry for a few years, managing the physical shop of a prevalent NW online retailer.

I spent an inordinate amount of time when I was younger reading snowboard mags and catalogs, and geeking out on tech stuff when I couldn't ride. That doesn't mean my input is necessarily well informed; perhaps just over saturated with the strata of industry-speak over the years!

· Registered
21 Posts
Esteemed forum members (and fellow dirtbags),

Short time lurker. Started riding in 1988/89 (first board was a Sims Mini-Halfpipe (wish I kept it)). Most my mountain time is spent at Mammoth, with a couple destination trips a year with old friends.

Looking forward to learning from you all...

XOXO

· Registered
Burton Yeasayer snowboard, Burton Escapade EST bindings, Ritual LTD Boa boots,
1 Posts
Wow, 183 pages? I will be shocked if anyone reads this, but here I go anyway. ;-) I grew up in Park City, Utah where there was not much to do other than snowboard (and figure skate, but that's for a different forum). My badarse female friends and I used to go out even during blizzards, which earned us the name "hardcore crew" with the lifties. Anyway, it has been a minute since I hit the slopes since figure skating kinda ruined my circulation in my feet.

Nevertheless, I successfully picked skating back up and since now I don't even have to take my skates off every thirty minutes (can actually stand in them for hours these days), I figured the same would be the case with my snowboard boots. I am hoping and praying that will be the case anyway, as I still haven't tried them. They have excellent reviews speaking to that, though, which is why I picked them.

Point being, I got my Epic pass for the season, and I am actually moving from Boston to Vail area for the winter this coming Monday. My gear is waiting, and I am super excited to hit up the pow pow after waaaay too long. It's snowing like crazy out there, so I think it is going to be an excellent winter to pick it back up. :) I'll be mostly going between Vail and Beaver Creek, but I would love suggestions on other resorts in the area that would be worth a longer trip.

Nice to e-meet ya'll (again assuming anyone ever reads this haha).

· Registered
10 Posts
I’m 44, in ny. I’ve been snowboarding for about 5 years. I don’t really do any tricks or the park, I prefer to go on all of the trails and explore while working on my technique.

I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

· Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,913 Posts
Hey, just got into snowboarding this season for the first time at age 40. Excited to learn more about the community! Got a season pass for the wife and myself to Keystone. Been up there 3 times so far, our progress aside from catching edges and falling on my knees has been good, haha.
Buy knee pads. And butt pads for that matter.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello...
I'm Julio, from Brazil.. A summer place without snow o_O.
I lived in Canada in 2010 for 8 months and it was my first contact to snow and snowboarding...
After that i did 2 more trips to Canada, in 2018 and 2019 to visit some friends and start to real to do snowboarding.
2018 i've been in Vancouver for 1 monthn; Cypress, Grouse and Whistler.
2019 i did a 18 days "snow road trip" with some friends and we've been in Revelstoke, Banff and Lake louise.
This year i'm planing to go to Bariloche, prety close to Sao Paulo.. About 4hours by plane.. it's very dificoult to do this sport living in Brazil... But we make it :cool:(y)

3641 - 3660 of 3663 Posts