Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a college student in the Rochester, N.Y area who just recently discovered snowboarding. I am a musician, and love working out. Anyways, onto my new board!

I just bought a new (floor model) 2014 Sims Wrath snowboard for $120. I researched it a bit before purchasing and I'm still not really sure if I made a great purchase simply because it seems that Sims is not as reputable as they were in the past. But for the price on a NEW board, I couldn't say no. It is 163cm, wide. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Don't Fret
The sims board wil be fine for your first few years of riding. I have an older 2010 Sims Protocol, it is a beautiful board. rides just fine.

are you sure you need a 163W

what is your shoe size, and weight? where will you be riding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't Fret
The sims board wil be fine for your first few years of riding. I have an older 2010 Sims Protocol, it is a beautiful board. rides just fine.

are you sure you need a 163W

what is your shoe size, and weight? where will you be riding?
i am a 12 in shoes and weigh about 190 lbs. I'm also 6'2". Not really sure... My friend told me to look for a 160 wide but i thought the 163 wide is fairly close. I'll be riding pretty standard downhill. Maybe a few jumps but no park riding really.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
ok I see you are from east coast. Depending on boots that fit, you may or may not need the Wide Board.

Don't go by the Street Shoe size, go to a bootfitter and try on the boots to see what fits.
I am sure WiredSport will jump in on this thread m at first mention of boot size.
the 163 size for 190 lbs, might be a bit long. i would prob go to a 158.
I am between 210 and 220 most days, and ride a 158-161

but if you are just bombing down the mountain, you should be fine, will just take a little more effort in turns

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I see you are from east coast. Depending on boots that fit, you may or may not need the Wide Board.

Don't go by the Street Shoe size, go to a bootfitter and try on the boots to see what fits.
I am sure WiredSport will jump in on this thread m at first mention of boot size.
the 163 size for 190 lbs, might be a bit long. i would prob go to a 158.
I am between 210 and 220 most days, and ride a 158-161

but if you are just bombing down the mountain, you should be fine, will just take a little more effort in turns
thanks for the input. For now I'm just looking to "bomb down the mountain" but next time I buy a board I'll go a bit shorter in length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts