Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because I found a good deal for airfare, and so far none of my friends have expressed interest (in the last 45 minutes of asking people)... but I kind of want to go, but don't think that'd be nearly as fun.

stupid lame friends.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Some of my best days out are by myself. I do love riding with a few choice buddies who I never have to wait up for, but there is something so nice about going at your own pace and doing what you want all day long with no one holding you back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've had many good days cruising by myself, but that was usually travelling with a group, but I rode alone... I'm just wondering what I'll do alone once the lifts close / cost of getting a room alone.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah, I've had many good days cruising by myself, but that was usually travelling with a group, but I rode alone... I'm just wondering what I'll do alone once the lifts close / cost of getting a room alone.

I am betting that it will involve you eating something, drinking something, maybe even smoking something, and then beating off to skinemax before going to sleep early to get the first tracks the next day.

·
2,316 Posts
On epic powder days I usually prefer to be alone anyways because I just pick lines and people either follow me or they don't and I might not see them the rest of the day :laugh:. Nothing as terrible as sitting at the top of the lift, waiting for friends when there is powder to be slain.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I would do it. I go on at least one solo trip per year. I love it. I really like the uninterrupted riding at my pace on whichever trails I want without having to decide by committee.

This made me laugh pretty good:
Smokehaus said:
I am betting that it will involve you eating something, drinking something, maybe even smoking something, and then beating off to skinemax before going to sleep early to get the first tracks the next day.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I am with everyone else.. go for it, especially if its a relatively short trip. I tacked on a visit to Mammoth on top of a work trip to cali last year and fully enjoyed it. Looking in to doing the same thing to get back up to whistler this year.

You will get more ridding in and probably feel fresher in the AM.. much easier to leave the bar after a beer and burger when you are solo versus with friends, although on many a work trip I have ended up out much later than expected when rolling solo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So uh, if the airfare was to SLC (never been there before... only even been west twice - Big Sky & Heavenly), for say 4 nights possibly, what would you do?

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Go to salt lake, find a cheap place on vrbo close to the mtn and shuttle routes and go have fun... I'm sure you can find a place to chill after a day of boarding...

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Hell no if all your friends are worthless slackers you'll have no choice but to do it yourself(and then motivate them with you photo's videos), I did New Zealand and Winter Park by myself and had a great time!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
So uh, if the airfare was to SLC (never been there before... only even been west twice - Big Sky & Heavenly), for say 4 nights possibly, what would you do?
Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to take a shuttle from the airport to Park City and base out of there. Park City has a city shuttle that takes you anywhere you need to go. You could spend a couple of days at The Canyons and a couple of days at Park City Mountain Resort.

At a slightly higher budget you could stay at The Cliff Lodge at Snowbird. That place is sick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a trip planned to Snowmass back in Nov. with a buddy of mine. He ended up bailing 2 days before the trip! It was my first time going on a trip alone and I felt exactly how you do now. Ended up having a BLAST and met a bunch of cool people to hang and ride with. Go for it

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
six years ago i went out to whistler for week all by my lonesome. it was awesome. met a bunch of cool ppl i otherwise would never have bothered with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think that $120 airfare evaporated in the 2 hours I was thinking about it... I should've jumped on it (not a pro at buying airfare). But I might still take a solo trip regardless! The more I think about it the more enjoyable it seems. I've gone backpacking alone so why not snowboarding.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts