Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon one of his videos, because of my recommended feed. He is claiming to be a Pro snowboarder, which made me laugh. After seeing his riding not even being close to the actual pro's. Then he was endorsing some pro signature amazon goggles that look like cheap garbage. Funny to look at the comment section on his videos and seeing his fanboys defend his bs.

The Kook vibes, I get from his videos are extremely strong lol.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I see his vids pop-up in my feed also. To me, he is an average (or better than average?) freestyle rider with a large internet following, not necessarily deserved. It demonstrates something to me about "critical mass" on Youtube with their algorithm.. People like to follow a visible figure for some reason. There is this ecosystem in Youtube with Vlogs and the need to keep creating videos. There was one vid I saw where he fell into a creek or something (not accurate, but it was something along those lines) and he made a video about it. Got busted by Keystone ski patrol? make a video about it. Drama queen stuff IMO. Keep creating content on a consistent schedule, no matter how inane. Draw your own conclusions, I guess.
The editing is slick and well polished, and that sells. It blows my mind that people make money doing this, but I'm old and out of touch....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Pro Youtuber that happens to snowboard. The pro thing to do these days seems to be pushing merch. Come to think of it Ryan Kanpton peddled his own aliexpress goggles way back too. I remember he was open to them being budget friendly and didn't push them as some pro bs though.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I see his vids pop-up in my feed also. To me, he is an average (or better than average?) freestyle rider with a large internet following, not necessarily deserved. It demonstrates something to me about "critical mass" on Youtube with their algorithm.. People like to follow a visible figure for some reason. There is this ecosystem in Youtube with Vlogs and the need to keep creating videos. There was one vid I saw where he fell into a creek or something (not accurate, but it was something along those lines) and he made a video about it. Got busted by Keystone ski patrol? make a video about it. Drama queen stuff IMO. Keep creating content on a consistent schedule, no matter how inane. Draw your own conclusions, I guess.
The editing is slick and well polished, and that sells. It blows my mind that people make money doing this, but I'm old and out of touch....
I subscribe to him and some of his Video's are okay. I like his tour he does around the USA of all different resorts he goes to but he is always into Park features..........., I'm not a Park guy.

·
Registered
818 Posts
…why are we talking about this?
As distasteful as it is it is now part of snowboard culture. This guy seems to be another "professional vlogger' unaware of the FTC and YouTube rules about disclosure of freebies and affiliate links. Looking through most snowboard reviews and none seem to have the appropriate disclaimers around free gear (even if just lent as a demo) they got or affiliate links.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
You know that "owning the mountain" feeling? for this guy it never ends. I hope at least he is having fun. A little bit of envy here, imagining he is all about snowboarding...but who knows.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You know, as much as people hate him for claiming he is a "pro" snowboarder, I have to say he is doing good making it happen. I have met him a couple of times on the hill and he always has a lot of followers and is a genuine person to talk to. If he can make it work, kudos for him. I don't normally hate people unless people directly causing me hassle or shit. I let people do whatever the heck they want but haters are gonna hate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts