Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2015 Burton Custom X Wide (159) with 2015 Cartel Bindings and 2015 Burton Heritage BOA Boots (Size 12). I have been riding an 08 Burton Custom X (156) for 7 years now. I am 5'10, 183 pounds, and a size 10.5 shoe.

Here are my questions:

1. Should i downsize boot to an 11 (considering I tried these on and my heel rises a tad bit)?

2. Is 159 too long for me? Will I notice a significant difference in turning and hitting jumps? I am a very fast rider that rides switch comfortably. (I am now going out west more often and feel the extra 3 cm will help with speed and stability but will be more difficult for tree riding)

3. And lastly, is the new EST system better or worse compared to the classic board/binding set up?

Please let me know! The only reason I ask is because I got the whole package for 600 dollars (brand new) and I couldnt say no!

Thank you,

Gideon

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
You should be wearing a boot that's 1/2 size smaller than your shoe. So yeah, size 10 boot, not a wide board either. When it comes to feet, you NEED to be properly fitted in your boot.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
you wear a size 10.5 shoe and have a size 12 boot? i think you may need to try on a smaller sized boot. you shouldn't have any heel lift. i wear size 10.5 shoes and 10.5/11 boots (11 fits a little better but i currently wear 10.5). that said, a size 12 boot is fine on a wide board but anything under 12 doesn't usually require a wide board.

·
Premium Member
3,425 Posts
Yeah definitely downsize your boots, sounds like you should be in a 10, 10.5 at most if you wear 10.5 shoes. Measure your foot properly, go into the boots section of the forum and there's two big topics in their for that purpose.

Even with a size 10 or 10.5 boot, you'll be fine on the wide still. Burton wide's aren't very wide, yours has a waist width of 259 which is a bit more than what you'd want but nothing extreme, it'll give you a bit more edge to work with on deep carves, but be a little more work edge to edge.

Reactions: gidthekid3
1 - 5 of 5 Posts