Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brothers and sisters, sorry to do another one of these posts but I'm overthinking my purchase...
I got a good deal on an only-ridden-once Never Summer Harpoon 152 with 261mm width. I have never ridden a short fat board before but given my first board was a NS Snowtrooper (stolen) I pulled the trigger on the Harpoon.

I'm excited to try it next season but reading this: https://snowboardingprofiles.com/how-important-is-snowboard-width-sizing-and-how-do-i-get-it-right I
got concerned that it might be too wide for my 160-165lbs weight with US8.5 boots? I can't return it so hopefully it's fine...

Also, what bindings do you suggest? I like Flow (between NX2-TM or Fuse) or I could go traditional with Union (Force or Strata?). Any other recs? Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're good. I was about 150 lbs/US 8 when I rode the Harpoon and it was a 152. Rode just fine.

If you can, try Fuse Carbons. They are sweet. Or see if this thread interests you: Now skate tech (Drive bindings)
Interesting...
I had heard about Skate Tech but thought it was more of a marketing term and not a big differentiator. I do prefer Flow's easy entry/exit but now I'm intrigued by Now :)

Good to hear the board is not super wide for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts