Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if my snowboard is too long for me? I’ve only owned one board and I don’t know if it’s too long for me as it’s the only one I’ve ever riden on. The board is 157cm and I am 5’7” (1.69m) and weigh around 138lbs. I intend to do mostly carves and ride all mountain. I wouldn’t mind trying park but I am not intending doing park that match.
any recomendation would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
It's not too long for your intended purpose. You could go shorter though and be just fine, but if you're having fun with that board it's the right size. If you wish your current board were lighter and more nimble, there's your answer. If you have no idea because you never tried other boards, try other boards. If you're near Seattle and want to hop on a few of mine send me a PM.

There's also no such thing as "too long" and "too short." It all depends on your preference. I have a snowskate with a 36" ski on it and ride it just fine. It will never float in powder but it's not the intended purpose. My shortest snowboard is a 151cm and the longest is a 195cm. My wife rides a 146 normally and also has fun on my 195. The only real limiting factor is boot-out, and float if you're riding powder.

So it's a bit like asking 'is a large truck too big of a vehicle for me?" It really depends on what you're doing.

If you want to buy a 151 Rome Buckshot in mint condition for $150 to try it out, also PM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the board I have is a Ride Exile 157.
Thank you!
Hi Gonzo,

The correct length will be determined by the specific board model. You will not have a single correct length for all models. Please let us know the model.

STOKED!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not too long for your intended purpose. You could go shorter though and be just fine, but if you're having fun with that board it's the right size. If you wish your current board were lighter and more nimble, there's your answer. If you have no idea because you never tried other boards, try other boards. If you're near Seattle and want to hop on a few of mine send me a PM.

There's also no such thing as "too long" and "too short." It all depends on your preference. I have a snowskate with a 36" ski on it and ride it just fine. It will never float in powder but it's not the intended purpose. My shortest snowboard is a 151cm and the longest is a 195cm. My wife rides a 146 normally and also has fun on my 195. The only real limiting factor is boot-out, and float if you're riding powder.

So it's a bit like asking 'is a large truck too big of a vehicle for me?" It really depends on what you're doing.

If you want to buy a 151 Rome Buckshot in mint condition for $150 to try it out, also PM me.
I totally get what you are saying, I think I would have to try other boards to see the difference and if I feel more comfortable with them. Unfortunately I don’t live by Seattle but I appreciate your offer! 👍

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Yeah the board I have is a Ride Exile 157.
Thank you!
Go it. Is this from 2001 to 2003? Does that sound right. Please post up some images when you have a chance. Board designs and construction have changed quite a bit since then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go it. Is this from 2001 to 2003? Does that sound right. Please post up some images when you have a chance. Board designs and construction have changed quite a bit since then.
I am not sure when it’s from, I got it used online, and I just wanted a board to learn on. It’s the 157” green one.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I am not sure when it’s from, I got it used online, and I just wanted a board to learn on. It’s the 157” green one.
View attachment 151179
Please take some pictures of the actual board. Please set it on its base on a flat surface and upload a picture of the profile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts